I could use advice from a pro reefer, my system is bleaching.

BRS

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An important parameter I haven't seen yet is temperature. You mention a 6 degree swing, but you don't mention the current temperature, if it's 80, as stated in the original post, this is skating on the razor's edge of bleaching and an optimal temperature for pathogens. Maybe slowly roll that back to 76-77 over the course of a week.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Renaissance corals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but this is terrible misinformation. 9-9.3 alk is considered actually a little high. Nothing wrong with it as long as you have calcium slightly elevated and have good flow. 8.4 is even mildly high compared to see water. 8.4 is perfect don't mess with it.

As for your pH, nothing wrong with 8.0 either. Will growth be slower, sure, but not unhealthy at all.

Bottome line is none of these parameters are causing your bleaching. Instability,maybe. Get a par meter , check that. Your tank may not be nature enough for one reason or another. I promise you chasing all these numbers isn't going to fix a thing. Something else is going on.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll do more research on sps. When i originally commented that im not an expert with sps. I run high alk and high nutrient systems for my production tanks. Lps and zoas mostly

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but this is terrible misinformation. 9-9.3 alk is considered actually a little high. Nothing wrong with it as long as you have calcium slightly elevated and have good flow. 8.4 is even mildly high compared to see water. 8.4 is perfect don't mess with it.

As for your pH, nothing wrong with 8.0 either. Will growth be slower, sure, but not unhealthy at all.

Bottome line is none of these parameters are causing your bleaching. Instability,maybe. Get a par meter , check that. Your tank may not be nature enough for one reason or another. I promise you chasing all these numbers isn't going to fix a thing. Something else is going on.
i do have a par meter and everything was happy in it’s preferred par level. in the back of my mind im thinking something is off, and im going to find out if it was the peppermints going rogue since a caught them all, this started happening after feeding a fine slurry of raw oyster from the grocery store, and was thinking remnants of that smell or flavor lingered and the now mature three “ peppermints(maybe not all true peppermints ) came out and realized polyps are tasty, i watched one come out in the day with no discretion eating bits of watermelon phsamy, or maybe something in the oyster, it only had salt and water listed for preservatives but maybe the salt was weird nonetheless - im not using it anymore to see how this plays out im doing everything like i was before ,,since it “worked

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update - my snails are starting to fall off the walls - im thinking of doing a 15% water change something is wrong

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
salt creap

salt creap

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are a few pics, i have the lights on normal scedg but screens over top
na 13 phos .01
im stressing hard,iv have been running activated carbon in my sump sock, trying not to over react - what is my next step image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back