I am unexpectedly sad about breaking down a successful nano. Is this strange?

BRS

Townes_Van_Camp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept fish, salt and fresh off and on for the better part of 25 years. I've attempted coral a number of times. I was never what I would call successful. That doesn't mean I killed everything that I put in them. With the exception of corals, quite to the contrary. But, I have never been upset about shutting down a tank. I always wanted to figure out coral. I have, at least this on this try. But I promised my wife I would only run one tank at a time (It's best this way I agree). I'm sticking to that promise so I have to break this down and migrate it to the new set up.

Almost everything went well this time. I rescued and turned a ugly wilting stick of hammer into two really pretty heathy heads and two little ones that are starting to grow. I've run out of room. Even the back glass is about 2/5 covered in cyphestria.

I am kind of sad about it. I did not expect this.
Frontal14IMcrop.jpg

Sorry I didn't scrape the pods off of the glass.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a sweet little tank! I’d be a little sad as well. Is the new setup up and going already so all you gotta do is swap things over?
Yea,I've already cycled.I'm just waiting on sand from Tampa Bay Saltwater. May 9th it is supposed to get here. I am gonna try and do a slooooooow migration with frags. I've already cycled. After the sand goes in and I'll probably drop a orange prawn goby in to start it off. Then start with a couple of zoas and maybe a frag or two of the digitata and see how things go for a few weeks/months.

Avast

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal! Each tank is its own story, highs and lows. Beautiful tank, and the silver lining is that you get to see them grow up in another tank!
Was also sad about shutting down my 10g amd moving it over, but as you can tell, there was no more room!
PXL_20230407_190702663.jpg

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally normal! Each tank is its own story, highs and lows. Beautiful tank, and the silver lining is that you get to see them grow up in another tank!
Was also sad about shutting down my 10g amd moving it over, but as you can tell, there was no more room!
View attachment 3131218
:face-with-open-mouth: I thought mine was full!!!!! Holy lawd.

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back