Hydros Control Board Help

BeanAnimal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no issues

So I have no issues with the ports or the naming of the controllers but I have been using Hydros since November 2020. There is a learning curve to any controller
Hi, that is my point…. They could name them after Teletubes and skittles flavors… if you use it long enough it doesn’t matter. Why do you have to explain to me what each port and device name means? The learning curve shouldn’t have to be climbed to figure out what the device does.

The names are random in context to each other and for the most part in context to function. Moreover they don’t follow any obvious or useful convention.

I also (just me?) feel like the offering between various features is almost random and not well delineated, but who knows? They don’t have a clear product matrix and I am not building one to figure it out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just picked up some hydros gear. I’m currently designing my control board and have some questions before I finalize the layout.

Here’s what I am planning:
IMG_0142.jpeg

How does it look? Obviously I plan to add the maven when it comes out so I’m trying to plan for that. I will have a terminator at the Wave Engine and at the Maven. Will the way I have these command bus cables (all are data and power) work? Using the XP8 to power the minnow and maven through the command bus. Using the wave engine to power the X4 through a command bus and a command bus from the minnow to the X4 to connect everything together.

Also posted this on the Hydros Community Forum but am awaiting approval so thought I’d pick Reef2Reef’s brain, thanks in advance for any help!
My command bus is to the minnow and the power outlet to the engine

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My command bus is to the minnow and the power outlet to the engine
With a collective as small as the OP's the order they are hooked up on the command bus is not that important since there is 2 power givers and only two that need power from the command bus. On a larger collective it may be better to have the power givers spread out but now there are quite a few power givers so chances are they will be spread out anyway. The Maven will also be a power giver so the OP will have 3 out of 5 controllers that are power givers.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
With a collective as small as the OP's the order they are hooked up on the command bus is not that important since there is 2 power givers and only two that need power from the command bus. On a larger collective it may be better to have the power givers spread out but now there are quite a few power givers so chances are they will be spread out anyway. The Maven will also be a power giver so the OP will have 3 out of 5 controllers that are power givers.
In which mine is on a large and would make sense

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In which mine is on a large and would make sense
My collective has 8 power givers out of 15 controllers so it is large also. There is 2 locations 35ft apart but there are 3 power givers in one location and 5 at the other location. There is also a Kraken in each location to provide power and battery backup.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back