How to set up two Eheim Jager heater with a ink bird controller?

AI Nero 5

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how I would set up an inkbird controller with two eheims jagers. I would like to run the water at 78 degrees. I sort of have an idea how to set them up bit figured I would ask some people with experience to see how to set it up. Should I have them both turn on at the same time or just one at a time? What do I set the actual eheim jager at compared to the controller? Thanks for the help.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would set the jagers to the temperature you want and then set the inkbird a bit higher as the safety. This way the inkbird isn’t cycling constantly. So if my heaters hold the tank at 78 I would set the inkbird T1 at 77.5 and T2 at maybe 79.
Ok cool, a t1 is temperature on and t2 is temperature off? And should I turn both on at same temp or at separate temps?

Second Shot

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool, a t1 is temperature on and t2 is temperature off? And should I turn both on at same temp or at separate temps?
Yes that’s correct. If the temp got to 79 (T2) the inkbird would cut power. Then it would turn power back on when the temp got back to 77.5 (T1). This is enough range to allow the heaters to do their thing and the inkbird to be backup. As for the second question, I’m assuming you mean the settings on the heaters themselves? My inkbird has two outlets but they are controlled as one. I don’t know of any that are different. But if you mean the heaters then yeah put them the same so one doesn’t work harder than the other.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that’s correct. If the temp got to 79 (T2) the inkbird would cut power. Then it would turn power back on when the temp got back to 77.5 (T1). This is enough range to allow the heaters to do their thing and the inkbird to be backup. As for the second question, I’m assuming you mean the settings on the heaters themselves? My inkbird has two outlets but they are controlled as one. I don’t know of any that are different. But if you mean the heaters then yeah put them the same so one doesn’t work harder than the other.
Ok got it thanks for the clarification

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back