How to program Profilux to turn doser off if container empty and on again

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Profilux 4 controller and have just installed a GHL Maxi Doser 2.2 to perform AWCs.

Previously I was using a Spectrapure Litermeter III for AWC and loved it but after five years one of the pumps stopped working and it is problematic in Europe to get Sepectrapure spares/pumps so I decided to try the Maxi Doser.

My fresh saltwater reservoir holds 240 liters and I have installed two sensors, one at the bottom and one at the top of the reservoir. When the bottom one is triggered two things happen: a solenoid is activated (via the Switchbar) to auto fill the reservoir with RO/DI water and the switch on the Switchbar powering the Litermeter turns off so all AWC is stopped. The reverse happens when the top sensor triggered...

How do I do the same for the Maxi Doser? I want both pumps off when the lower sensor is triggered and on again when the top sensor is triggered. I have spent the last couple of hours reading up and playing around with Programmable Logic and virtual switches but cannot figure it out and I think my brain has melted! :astonished-face:

The only solution I have seen is to power off the Maxi Doser the same was I did the Litermeter. But I don't like that solution because this causes a PAB communication error in the Profilux as it can no longer see the Maxi Doser... and any future GHL devices connected downstream from the Maxi Doser will loose comms too.

Any ideas? @Lasse maybe?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For filling the reservoir you can use a circuit controller with ATO two sensors. You knit that to a switch socker for the solenoid. When the lowest is activated - it switch on and its on until the upper is in its upper position - when it switch off and will be off until the lower is activated again. You may have to play with inverted and non inverted individual sensors. Test it and be sure that the circuit react the way you want.

Now you want that the two Maxi heads only should be able to work when your circuit for the reservoir not is active. I think you also want them be active at certain times too. Let us say that you want to change 2 L at certain times Make first one virtual pump program (31 as an example) Calibrate the real pump you will use fot the pumping out old saltwater - use speed 2. and also put in wanted flow 100 ml/min Copy this figures to the virtual pump. It will take 20 minutes to pump out 2 L. Create the time schedule in the virtual pump (31) 2 L att xx:xx yy:yy and so on. Create a virtual switch - let us say S60. Make a PL with the function AND. First function pump 31 and as second function your circuit controller but INVERTED!. Knit this PL to S60.

Now go to you real Maxi pump - let us say 1. Go to the part - pump reacts to and fill in index 60

1728149753594.png

Now you real maxi pump will pump out 2 L at the times you set and if ATO filling is NOT active

Now to the second maxi head - the one that shall pump in fresh saltwater. Create a similar virtual pump (32 as an example) Calibrate the real and do the same thing with the virtual as you did with 31. Note - you should set the activation time xx:xx+20 min, YY:YY+20 min and so on Ig you use another amount of water out and in - you must adjust the plus time. Create a new virtual switch (61 in my example) Create another PL with the function AND. Use doser 32 and as second function your circuit controller but INVERTED!. Go to the Maxi that should pump in fresh saltwater and use the switch channel 61

Its important that both the real and the virtual pump has the same calibration and wanted amount/min

I have not test it but I´m rather sure it will work - but as usally test and test again

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Lasse for that!

The fill of the reservoir is not a problem... I actually use the min-max function to turn the solenoid on and off (on when the low sensor is on and off when the high sensor is triggered). That works fine.

As for the Maxi Dosers, I'll look more in detail to your explanation tomorrow and see if I can implement that.

Thanks again!

OP
OP
Laith

Laith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently using the automatic dosing to split the 20 liter per day water change into 2 liters 10x per day. But I need to play around with this because the Maxi is so LOUD! Maybe I'll only run it several times at night...

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to use the automatic dosing 20 time during night - let the virtual pumps above dose automatic 40 times * 2 L and create a timer Z active between 21:00 and 09:00 and do a new PL for each virtual pump including the PL in post 2 AND timer Z to each virtual switch.

I actually use the min-max function to turn the solenoid on and off (on when the low sensor is on and off when the high sensor is triggered). That works fine.
Use that instead for ATO 2 sensors but invert it for the Maxi pumps.

Sincerely Lasse

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back