How to keep gha off coral skeletons?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a less effective method without removing from rock

Turn off all flow and use a syringe with pure hydrogen peroxide and slowly slowly squirt the algae with the peroxide. As soon as it comes out it will start to dilute with sw and make the peroxide less strong. So this may take several tries. The goal is the same as using the dip. Algae reacts with hydrogen peroxide and will bubble and fizz. Then you need it to let it continue that for a few minutes and then turn on the water flow again
This would be my suggestion given the widespread algae problem the OP currently has

OP
OP
BristleWormHater

BristleWormHater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be my suggestion given the widespread algae problem the OP currently has
Already did the dip. Wasn't to much of a hassle really. I figured out the favia was hardly glued down and I got the goni off with a flathead. I thoroughly brushed the surrounding rock with the toothbrush.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already did the dip. Wasn't to much of a hassle really. I figured out the favia was hardly glued down and I got the goni off with a flathead. I thoroughly brushed the surrounding rock with the toothbrush.
I still think the other method will work best long term... ya gotta get that algae under control ;)

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back