Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets start with parameters first. there will be a bunch of people that are going to be asking about those, so may as well post lighting schedule, nitrate, phosphate, how old the tank is, at the very least.

ED3

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lets start with parameters first. there will be a bunch of people that are going to be asking about those, so may as well post lighting schedule, nitrate, phosphate, how old the tank is, at the very least.
Also what kind of lighting, what are the PAR readings of the coral and how old is the tank?

Nutramar Foods

nomad6

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started using macroalgae after my tank cycled which was 1.5 mos ago to outcompete microalgae and the only algae issues are diatoms but that only lasted about 5 days. I have a 6 gal, something to consider just be careful macroalgae can bottom out your nutrients but a quick over feeding and good CUC can fix that, but I’m a newb with lots of fw experience I’m sure one of these expert reefers can chime in on this.

OP
OP
Andres Pineda

Andres Pineda

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light schedule.
10:00 am on
10:00 pm off
Kh
just as a spoiler alert, i dont think its the algae that youre having an issue with, when it comes to your corals, but the culprit behind it is likely the cause of coral issues and your algae
What do you think it is ?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just as a spoiler alert, i dont think its the algae that youre having an issue with, when it comes to your corals, but the culprit behind it is likely the cause of coral issues and your algae

Agree with this. Algae can kill corals. Nothing I see in your pictures is showing algae that would be harming the corals though.

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light schedule.
10:00 am on
10:00 pm off
Kh

What do you think it is ?
algae in itself, if it is killing corals, your issue will be significantly worse than what it is. i would suspect phosphates or nitrates being something that is causing it. thats just my guess, but thats where i would start specifically, which is why i suggested to mention all of your parameters.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
World Wide Corals

melonheadorion

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's really high but i read that I goes down by itself.
I tried to lower it down with white vinegar like someone said and it killed a few corals.
Not hearing that mf again
is your 230 reading PPM? or is it in DKH? it would HAVE to be PPM. there i no time in the world where 230 dkh would be read on a aquarium tester, nor would it drop on its own that much. the conversion would be in the ballpark of 12-13 if that number is in ppm.
assuming that is the case, i dont see any real reason why your water parameters are causing anything IMO. maybe the KH, but thats making assumptions and wild guesses. i still feel that its something else tho, unless there is an unknown contaminant in the water.
how long have they been closed?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back