Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious about what you guys have found to work best. I've never really target fed my anemones before, but I just picked up a CSB and I've got some rock flowers that I'm trying to keep happy and healthy. How often do you target feed, and what are you feeding?

BRS

gig 'em

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost never. Unless you want them to grow quickly or split. My anemones I don’t feed and they continue to grow regardless. If I actively feed them they can get out of hand quickly. Also depending on what you feed and their health, feeding can be detrimental anecdotally.

radiata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed a small cube of fresh supermarket shrimp laced with a drop of baby vitamins. Forty-something years ago Sea Chem actually sold a liquid vitamin supplement just for anemones. I had a Blue Carpet back then, and it would be double in size the day after I fed it a 1/2" cube laced with Sea Chem's vitamin.

CLICK TO VIEW

Pankney72

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rose is about the size of a dinner plate. I’ll feed it once or twice a week. A chopped piece of seafood from Whole Foods.

My black widow is about the size of a silver dollar (oral disc not foot). As I’m feeding my fish LRS nano I’ll occasionally run across a chunk the size of my pinky nail or so. I’ll feed her those 1-2 times a week.

it may take a bit of time for your lady to be ready to eat though. If mine ever have an unenthusiastic response to food I just let the clowns eat and try again in a few days.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're supposed to feed them? huh!!

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

GoReefin

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My H. Aurora eats pretty much daily mysis that falls on him from broadcast feeding. My bubble tip nems don't seem to catch as much food as the H. Aurora can catch and eat maybe once a week. Once in a blue moon I'll target feed some uncooked human grade shrimp to all the nems.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

konatown

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never really fed before but I’m trying to get some growth and splits so i just started feeding a chunk or Larry’s or a piece of thawed shrimp from the freezer about a cube size.

I’ve been researching about how often to feed so I’m going to shoot for 2-3x a week

dieselkeeper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two carpet anemones with 4 clown fish. That's it. Nothing else in the tank. I feed the clown fish pellets once a day. No special feeding for the nems, just light.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

JoJosReef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Target feed my RFAs Monday through Friday, 1 med TDO pellet apiece + a bit of "soup" (Reef Nutrition oyster feast, ROE eggs, mysis feast, dead phyto, which is what everything is mixed in). The sexies steal a bit. It's a lot, but they don't seem to mind, have great color, and importantly, I want them spawning :)

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

LA
Back