How much weight can you comfortably hang on the back of an AIO?

BRS

AlphaCasual

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fiji 38 peninsula AIO, and I recently picked up the new bullet 3 aquamaxx skimmer for it because I plan on having a larger bioload in the future but when I opened it man this thing is BIG and heavy. I worry that if I hang this on the back of my tank once filled with water it will put a lot of additional pressure on the seems of my tank. Does anyone have any advice, is anyone running this on a 40 gallon tank yet? Should I just return it and get the smaller one?

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AlphaCasual

AlphaCasual

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230316_154952.jpg

new big thicc boye

20230316_155004.jpg

old in chamber skimmer

20230316_155010.jpg

Thickness of glass, ignore aptasia nudis have been deployed.

Pseudoskill

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I did for a HoB refugium was drill a small piece of wood into the wall. The tank had it's back against a wall, so the wood wasn't visible at all. I just measured where a stud was, measured down to make it low enough to support the refugium where it needed to be, and secured it to my wall. That was all of the weight was on that instead of my glass. Just a thought

OP
OP
AlphaCasual

AlphaCasual

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what I did for a HoB refugium was drill a small piece of wood into the wall. The tank had it's back against a wall, so the wood wasn't visible at all. I just measured where a stud was, measured down to make it low enough to support the refugium where it needed to be, and secured it to my wall. That was all of the weight was on that instead of my glass. Just a thought
So if I decide to keep this I may have someone design me a little stand that I can 3d print out to help support it so that might be an option. I dont want to bolt directly to the wall if I can avoid that.

My 32 gallon has a aquamaxx 1.5 hob, a clip-on coralife metal hallide lamp, and an aquamaxx hob reactor. It can take a lot of weight, I wouldn't worry about it, just don't ever screw the screws too tight.
Can I get a picture so I can try and mental math some weight out?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back