Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very familiar with this type of furniture and the only warning I have is check/tighten the corner screws every couple months. Do not overtighten.
I absolutely agree. Have had several end tables constructed like this and the legs always seemed to be needing a tighten every so often even when they were never moved around.

I'd personally not use one as is to hold a tank more than say 10 gallons.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
N

Nathan Bertsch

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to hijack but reviews? Been eying for quite some time.
You know it’s fine and I’d definitely get a mini chiller to keep the water cool. Beyond that you just have to remember they need pretty much daily feeding and don’t live very long. I went through about 3 rounds of jellies and then took it down. It’s cool but daily feeding of brine shrimp isn’t for me….. I have LARS (lazy butt reef syndrome) so it’s got to be easy!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What do you guys think is max aquarium size I can safely put on this table????? Wife won’t let me use a traditional stand so it needs to fit on this table to match the rest of our furniture. I have zero specs from manufacturer and just am curious what you would be comfortable putting on there. It’s 26” wide by 24” deep. Thanks in advance for all your thoughts:)View attachment 3050491View attachment 3050494
Looks quite solid. I would trust a 65g on it (36" X 18")

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

BeanAnimal

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is 10x more solid than then the typical particle board stand sold at most pet stores and the overwhelming majority of you are telling him to beef it up and put a 10 gallon tank on it :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

the top sit2 on the legs. The legs are fat the legs have braces, top and bottom. That thing could hold a car. Put whatever fits. The top will get cosmetic water damage at some point.

Advice.. let the wife have her pretty room and stick to your Reef. The table will not fail, but you are going to make a mess of it and her room, without question.

Last edited:
AS
OP
OP
N

Nathan Bertsch

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That table would easily hold several tons in compression, and likely a few thousand pounds even with lateral forces acting on it.
I kinda feel the same way…… I mean man the top is sitting flush with the legs. Yeah they are notched for the supports but it’s still pretty darn sturdy. I could pull it apart and glue the crap out of it but I’d be surprised if I had any issues even in 10 years with a 60 gallon tank. Tank would sit on neoprene to even out the top as well, and it’s acrylic so there’s that. We tested it with 510 pounds and it honestly didn’t even make a creak…. The guy I was ordering the aquarium from said it would easily handle a 60 gallon tank without question…. He said 100%

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d put Four Coats of Brush on Satin Spar Varnish on the Top. Let dry for at least 24 hours. Lightly hand sand with 220 to *400 grit sand paper and sanding block. Repeat, after the Fourth Coat, Polish with Johnson Paste wax or a good lemon furniture Polish and 0000 Steelwool. * I always use a finer sandpaper, as I have a tendency to over sand. “Preppin Weapon,” is my favorite sanding block.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Champion Lighting & Supply
Back