Hob overflow

anthony blake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all , good morning,

I am officially ready to put my hang on the back overflow underneath my 40 gallon breeder tank. I was wondering if my filtration will help lower my nitrates and phosphate which occur at 35 for nitrate and .18 for phosphate.

I am running a hang on the back, Aqua max bullet, then running a hob pf 300 overflow box draining into a 20 gallon long sump,filter floss in the first part of the sump, a bio pellet reactor in the first chamber of the 20 gallon long sump, 6 gallons of a refugium in the next chamber, then some filter fiber, chemo pure blue and a sponge before the water will return to the tank. Anybody have other filtration methods in the sump? Is there anything I should add more? Lastly experience with a pf300 hob overflow from eshopps?

Thank you all have a great day!

Klewtz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all , good morning,

I am officially ready to put my hang on the back overflow underneath my 40 gallon breeder tank. I was wondering if my filtration will help lower my nitrates and phosphate which occur at 35 for nitrate and .18 for phosphate.

I am running a hang on the back, Aqua max bullet, then running a hob pf 300 overflow box draining into a 20 gallon long sump,filter floss in the first part of the sump, a bio pellet reactor in the first chamber of the 20 gallon long sump, 6 gallons of a refugium in the next chamber, then some filter fiber, chemo pure blue and a sponge before the water will return to the tank. Anybody have other filtration methods in the sump? Is there anything I should add more? Lastly experience with a pf300 hob overflow from eshopps?

Thank you all have a great day!
I am actually thinking of doing this exact type of thing. I just made a post about something similar Here is link How has the sump been and any issues with the Overflow? and what return pump are you using?

OP
OP
A

anthony blake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually thinking of doing this exact type of thing. I just made a post about something similar Here is link How has the sump been and any issues with the Overflow? and what return pump are you using?
I am using a sicce 2.0 return pump, the sump has been going strong my nitrates have dropped from 35 to 20. The only issue I have is the HOB overflow sometimes loses the rate of the drain, causing the water level to drop in the sump. The only thing I would suggest is an aqua lifter to keep the flow constant in the HOB overflow.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back