HOB overflow for a fluval flex 32.5

Jicklenop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing a little research into trying to add a sump to my fluval flex. I'm looking at the fiji 12 as it would fit just right under my stand. I was looking at the CS50 HOB overflow as a way to get the water down to the sump as it's not drilled and I feel like getting it drilled would be far too much of a hassle while it's still up. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with that overflow or might have some other recommendations. I'm keeping the stock lid for the flex so I only have just over 6 inches of width to put the overflow box. Also the overflow box states it is up to 300gph but my pump is the sicce syncra silent 1.5 at 357gph, so would that be too much flow for that overflow? Thanks for any advice!

00W

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been doing a little research into trying to add a sump to my fluval flex. I'm looking at the fiji 12 as it would fit just right under my stand. I was looking at the CS50 HOB overflow as a way to get the water down to the sump as it's not drilled and I feel like getting it drilled would be far too much of a hassle while it's still up. I'm curious if anyone is familiar with that overflow or might have some other recommendations. I'm keeping the stock lid for the flex so I only have just over 6 inches of width to put the overflow box. Also the overflow box states it is up to 300gph but my pump is the sicce syncra silent 1.5 at 357gph, so would that be too much flow for that overflow? Thanks for any advice!
I use the eshopps pf300 on my 75 and their nano box on my 20.
Never had an issue with either one.
The sicce silent 1.5 is a good pump but small and you'll have to check head pressure values for that pump.
I have the same pump.
They used it on a lot of their skimmers.
IMO a nano box will be more than enough for that tank. You're aiming at 3x5 times turnover so the 1.5 might be just enough.
Like I said check head values on that pump.
A small dc jebao would be great.
They're quiet, strong and cheap.
And adjustable.
Easy to dial in your new hob overflow. ;)
Hope that helps.
Joel

OP
OP
J

Jicklenop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never noticed I got a reply, thank you! I was looking at the pf300 actually. How far into the tank does the overflow box go? I'm trying to make sure it will fit into the baffle area of my flex

00W

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course!
Looked like you needed help!
It should tell you the dimensions on line but I'd say, without sticking a tape measure into the tank about 4-5 inches.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back