Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White light spectrum has more spectrum than what corals can use. The more white you have the more algae will readily grow. Now that you have algae growing though, consider adding a Starry Blenny or (if you don't want SPS) go with a Black Sailfin Blenny. Either should be great with your Dragon Theme. The Starry gets bigger though I think. A Hector's Goby or Court Jester is another good option that stays smaller but may not fit with your desired theme as readily.
Ha thank you for thinking of the theme! Starry works for sure. I was actually looking at a Midas Blenny like @Blopple is seeing success with (dragons like gold right?). Any opinion on Midas vs Starry?

Nutramar Foods

tbrown3589

It's just me
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ha thank you for thinking of the theme! Starry works for sure. I was actually looking at a Midas Blenny like @Blopple is seeing success with (dragons like gold right?). Any opinion on Midas vs Starry?
Starry eats algae, Midas eats meat. You can have both successfully usually. Only thing with the Starry is they can be jerks.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Blopple

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big difference with the Midas blenny from what I understand is that they won't really help with algae control.

The lack of algae control is made up for by stunning good looks and character!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Aquabiomics products look interesting but seems they are not readily available... Thoughts on this TSA product to increase biodiversity without introducing live rock?

https://topshelfaquatics.com/product/maxspect-nano-tech-pre-seeded-biospheres/

Description:
Jump start and speed cycle your marine aquarium with our pre-seeded bio spheres. Each item is matured in one of our long-standing cryptic raceways containing a diverse blend of natural live rock for a minimum of two months to supply you with an excellent base of various bacteria for nitrification and denitrification. As an added benefit, these will contain beneficial microfauna. Nano-Tech BioSpheres are a durable dense arrangement of smaller spheres creating an ultra-high surface area. Each Sphere has a surface area of 580 square feet and can stabilize 17 gallons. 10 Spheres is roughly equivalent to 20+ pounds of Live Rock. This is a must with today’s man made and base rock that are primarily used to start reef aquariums. Wild Reef Pre-Seeded Bio Media must be put in aquarium water upon arrival to maintain its live benefits.

edit: made separate post about it in general forum - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tsa-maxspect-nano-tech-pre-seeded-biospheres.986257/#post-11386595

I had no idea people were marketing a product like this. I sold bio media from stable, mature tanks back in 1982 through a mail order company I ran "Midwest Marine Life".

Jay

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back