Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently battling high phosphate in my tank and I’m not really sure why. I currently have 4 fish, 2 turbos, 3 emerald crabs, 2 RFA, and a bit of a hefty coral population in a 90 gallon aquarium. I don’t overfeed at least I don’t believe I do, I feed one cube of mysis twice a week for my fish and I do 10ml of phyto once a week and 10ml oz zooplankton once a week and spot feed my lps with a small amount of reef roids twice a week. The only guess I have as to my high phosphate is that maybe the phyto and zooplankton are not being absorbed by my corals and is breaking down in my tank but that honestly doesn’t make much sense. I’m really at a loss, I’ve tried phosphate remover to no avail I’m running a Reef Octo classic 100 hob skimmer and a sicce whale 500 canister filter and also changing 15 gallons of water per week. My phosphate levels are running anywhere from 0.2 to 0.9 depending on how far I am post weekly water change.Any recommendations as to what can be done to fix my phosphate issues?

Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back