High Jet Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spsick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Roger, with the addition of the High Jet pump being capable of high head is it possible to extend the leads for running the unit remotely (Topoff reservoir in basement)?

I read the manual but it doesn’t specify. If not, I’m curious what scenarios would warrant such a high head capability when the pump still needs to be a few feet from the sensors.

Thanks!

rvitko

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to extend the wires with 24 gauge speaker wire and a terminal connection. The High Jet is polarity dependent so use wires that have clearly marked polarity, if connected backwards it will not run.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to extend the wires with 24 gauge speaker wire and a terminal connection. The High Jet is polarity dependent so use wires that have clearly marked polarity, if connected backwards it will not run.
This is awesome news thanks Roger!

So then is 5000.380 the appropriate tube for the job?

rvitko

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High Jet comes with its own tubing, it is a different size, essentially airline tubing, 6mm OD but we use Polyurethane tubing as it is much more rigid and locks tightly into the push fitting, airline is the same size but vinyl and so it may kink or not fit securely and leak at the push fitting.

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High Jet comes with its own tubing, it is a different size, essentially airline tubing, 6mm OD but we use Polyurethane tubing as it is much more rigid and locks tightly into the push fitting, airline is the same size but vinyl and so it may kink or not fit securely and leak at the push fitting.

So would standard 1/4” OD polyethelene RO tubing work? Need to do a 20ft run (only 9ft vertical rise)

rvitko

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably, RO tubing is even stiffer, polyethylene, 1/4" is 6.35mm, it will fit very tight most likely. I'd get the pump and take the tubing for comparisons, this would work for sure, the tubing is hard to explain, imagine flexible glass, you can't really squeeze it flat, but it curves easily, it feels almost like glass you can easily bend but it won't kink or collapse

OP
OP
spsick

spsick

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably, RO tubing is even stiffer, polyethylene, 1/4" is 6.35mm, it will fit very tight most likely. I'd get the pump and take the tubing for comparisons, this would work for sure, the tubing is hard to explain, imagine flexible glass, you can't really squeeze it flat, but it curves easily, it feels almost like glass you can easily bend but it won't kink or collapse

Sweet, thanks again for your help Roger. I have been eagerly awaiting a way to not have to lug 5 gallon jugs of water up from my basement several times a week without sacrificing the reliability of an Osmolator.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back