Hi From Wimbledon

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great explanation to something I never knew the origins of!
Many thanks to you & your daughter for the information.
I'm fascinated by words & pronunciation(amatuer/hobby novelist albeit not very good!)
I will say 'You're Welcome' in her stead. Yeah, I read about half of a LONG book about the origins of Language. It was fascinating, but I saw a squirrel and went to the next Audio Book. In about 2015 there were 7000+ languages spoken. I think he said that in 100 years, it'll be 4000. Just because the world is growing and when these people are taken in, they're language is not used anymore. It's beyond sad. I hope they're at the very least writing the language down to preserve it. Doubt it though.......

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230604_203550.gif

danreef55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef
We're thrilled to have you join our reefing community. Whether you're just starting out or have years of experience, there's always something new to learn and share here. Feel free to dive into the discussions, ask questions, and share your own reefing adventures. We're all here to help and grow together. Happy reefing
1725194501226.png

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the salty world.
While we are having fun with pronunciations, as we say in Derbyshire “Ay up mi duck”

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’
IMG_1666.jpeg

OP
OP
UKReefGeek

UKReefGeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! aquascape looks great. I could never get a piece to hang out that far!
Thank you. I have also added some milliput over the joints to add some strength and make the branch look bit more natural without the obvious steps.

OP
OP
UKReefGeek

UKReefGeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Washington State across the pond. About as far as you can get really! I absolutely LOVE the way you pronounce Aluminum. We pronounce it differently. My daughter told me about this a few weeks ago and I found it interesting. But to actually hear it is awesome! I think you actually pronounce it correctly. We, in the US, do things in a manner (especially in weights and measures), so differently that it makes no sense.

Anyway, it's great to meet you. Welcome to the Boards!
Thank you. Yes there are quite a few words we day differently. Data and project I can think of off the top of my head.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back