Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a new 125g display tank with a three drain Herbie overflow from Modular Marine. I have my primary drain flowing to my fleece roller and the emergency drain dropping directly into my pump chamber with and air gap so I will hear audible splashing and see bubbles in the display from the return pumps.

But I am not sure where to drop in the secondary drain… do I drop this into my Skimmer chamber or would it be alright to drop this into my Fuge? I know the flow is minimal to none on the secondary drain so my fuge is also currently fed from a T on my secondary return pump.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
J

JVorhe212

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 drain Herbie? Isn't that a 'Bean Animal' then?? Either way, if it's an emergency drain, you should be good dropping it wherever seems easiest. My emergency drain drops into my skimmer section.
Yes, sorry I miss spoke. This tank is running the bean animal. But thank you.

BRS

mrpontiac80

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sense on placing it where the full flow through the secondary could be handled. I’m thinking I may drop the line either next to my roller or into my return pump chamber.
Here is mine. As mentioned, I dropped the secondary near the roller mat and plan to add a hang on filter sock just to catch anything.
2841C27A-0886-4DC4-9721-FFBE37D3AB87.jpeg

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back