+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this coral is first yellow one I've seen. Nice
Yea, it was more orange when I got it. It’s under a fair amount of light, it’s possibly a little bleached. It catches mysis all the time and seems healthy and happy though.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e40de2b1-7ac6-4684-b7d5-8b5f97966d7e-jpeg.1110104

I really like this yellow fungia -- seems like a true yellow and not a faded green also

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this yellow fungia -- seems like a true yellow and not a faded green also
Yea. It was more orangish when I got it. It’s turned lighter over time.
765A3A05-C6CD-441B-BA6F-94EF316D622C.jpeg

Mine was the front right one, I wonder how his brothers are doing :)

BRS

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea. It was more orangish when I got it. It’s turned lighter over time.

Oh really, It got lighter in color?? Now THAT'S atypical. Usually the orange ones hold orange, it'll be cool to see how it develops. If those were in very low par at the shop they may have darkened up, in which case you got a freebie $300-500 coral... Yellow is not cheap!

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really, It got lighter in color?? Now THAT'S atypical. Usually the orange ones hold orange, it'll be cool to see how it develops. If those were in very low par at the shop they may have darkened up, in which case you got a freebie $300-500 coral... Yellow is not cheap!
Oh wow! It’s lighter than most orange ones I’ve seen before so maybe! I wouldn’t say it’s yellow yellow, but then again I’ve never seen a true yellow fungia. That LFS uses the smaller kessils, 160’s I think, so fairly low par.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow! It’s lighter than most orange ones I’ve seen before so maybe! I wouldn’t say it’s yellow yellow, but then again I’ve never seen a true yellow fungia. That LFS uses the smaller kessils, 160’s I think, so fairly low par.

How long have you had it?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it on New Year’s Eve.

So it's had plenty of time to turn back to orange.. You might have basically won the coral lottery in a way LOL. Finding lemon yellow corals is a dream to most people.

OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's had plenty of time to turn back to orange.. You might have basically won the coral lottery in a way LOL. Finding lemon yellow corals is a dream to most people.
Hooray!! Lol. This is good news! :)

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Hemmdog

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Sorry catching up glad to see the corals are doing good, did you change anything (dosing wise), since the fish? How are all your fish doing now hoping some survived.

@Sarah24! Thank you! I dialed down my Nopox from 8ml’s a day to 5. Nothing else changed. The fish that are left are acting perfectly healthy! I have my yellow watchman, Firefish, black leopard wrasse, and a green chromis. Lol. A sad list but it’s nice to at least have a few. I attempted to catch them yesterday to begin my fallow period but I can’t catch them idk what I’m going to do. They do seem really healthy and have no visible signs of any parasite or disease. I’m debating if I should actually go fallow? I know I’ll get some hate for that but I really don’t know what to do. It’s not like I would start adding fish right away; but my thought was if these fish are immune, let a fallow time frame go by to let any parasites in the tank die off, because they shouldn’t be reproducing if these fish are truly immune. So after 76 days + this velvet should theoretically be gone or mostly gone from my tank.

@Lasse what would your thoughts be on this? I had a velvet outbreak about a month ago, it took out a few fish, then a power outage got most of the rest of them. Things are back to normal now. Looking for advice on if I “must” go fallow to eliminate velvet from being in my system. I feed frozen, take great care of my water, all that stuff. I like your natural approach. I am now having an ulva outbreak due to lack of tangs, so prefect world scenario I would like to get a small tang (whitetail bristletooth or similar) ASAP to keep this algae under control.

AquaCave Logo Banner

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I had a stress ick break out on two fish and trust me catching fish in a reef is like trying to start an iv on someone who has collapsed veins and I have to use their toes or something. But I tried to lower my nopox from 20ml in my 240 but cyano came back a tad and I hate cyano. But the corals are doing great except my alk and calcium had literally flat lined. Normally they take 1.5 of each and now some days none at all and I’m testing daily. Drives me just crazy because I can’t figure it out. But I know I’m not super low on nutrients because I have some hair algae so that’s a good sign but still hate it. Lps seems to struggle a little with super clean water. I’m spot feeding reef roids twice a week, will do a water change and maybe I have too much trace elements. I have stopped but normally it’s 1mg a day so not a lot for 240 gallons. Maybe then the photo period down and dose fuel again. Who know lol I’m so lost mainly because of studying.

AquaCave

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Subscribe to ReefStache so you don't miss out!
Back