+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unsure by the blue lighting but it looks like dead GHA
It's time to take out the toothbrush and start scrubbing the rocks off.
Use h2o2 ( 3% peroxide ) and pour that over the rocks.
With this method there will no longer be any nusence algae growth.

Pay close attention from that point forward to what you put into the tank (frag plugs and corals). This is how algae of this kind is introduced.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sabellafella

5000 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
my rock was not cured, I thought as dry permission of bulk reef supply, he was clean, the system now has about 35 days, I do not use algae scrubber, but from the beginning I run a dual reactor from brs with charcoal and gfo, and my skimmer "reef octopus 150 sss" is doing a very good job taking a lot of crap from day 1 .... my water is 100% ro / di my new system four stage from brs, I've only used the salt "aquaforest" and just now I'm giving some pellets to my 2 blue damsels, I have not agragado anything to the tank, only the "bio s" from aquaforest nitrifying bacteria for star-up & amonia reduction ...
ph-8.3
amonia -0
nitrite-0
5 days ago nitrate--0
I have not checked phosphate yet

and im not make any water change at this point
The white stuff looks like bacteria, prob came from the probiotic reef salt

OP
OP
johanngh1977

johanngh1977

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
using redsea pro test kit

phosphate [po4] -0.04ppm
nitrate [ no3] -0.0ppm

but it is not clear if this has left me, which in my eyes is "algae", somebody say could be "bacteria", I mean ... this is the exact form of an algae, you know like a silver his twig and fuzz ... it's complicated ...
and if I'm using the probiotic salt from aquaforest really wanted to change to aquaforest system, using all its products and making it their own way ... I have seen very good online video and really liked it ... but if someone here thinks is wrong or not good, please give me the magic formula ... I'm all ears Please

Sabellafella

5000 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
using redsea pro test kit

phosphate [po4] -0.04ppm
nitrate [ no3] -0.0ppm

but it is not clear if this has left me, which in my eyes is "algae", somebody say could be "bacteria", I mean ... this is the exact form of an algae, you know like a silver his twig and fuzz ... it's complicated ...
and if I'm using the probiotic salt from aquaforest really wanted to change to aquaforest system, using all its products and making it their own way ... I have seen very good online video and really liked it ... but if someone here thinks is wrong or not good, please give me the magic formula ... I'm all ears Please
The Magic formula is!!!!! Dont make things to complicated lol. Its fine, w.e that stuff is will eventually go away. I have stringy algae like that on a foam sponge in my Sump. Nothing eats it, but it comes and goes. You never cured the rock, so itll take some extra time for the right organisms to establish

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotten some great advice. To some it up, you have a new system and this was s part of the cycle. The good thing is t will go away in about three weeks with patients. A good size cleaning crew will also Helps:)

AquaCave Logo Banner

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At 35 days, this is what I would expect to see. Some turbo snails, and a little more time for the rock to develop a bio-film, coraline, etc.. Leaching phosphate, if any, will passivate.

Take comfort in the ugly phases, even if it gets worse, as very good and needed goings are happening.

A steak dinner starts out pretty ugly!

Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white stuff looks like bacteria, prob came from the probiotic reef salt
You know, you didn't have to say that just to make me feel better. There is a reason I tried to call in people much more knowledgeable than myself! :D

AquaCave Logo Banner
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back