Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had a powder blue tang for about a month with no problems. Last night something beat the hell out of her. Chunks missing from fins. We have not added any new livestock and I have never seen anything harassing her. I've got her in an isolation box but she's not doing well. Anything else I can do?

IMG_2588.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Pico bam

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything on the fishes skin? And deteration? Sorry to say it but looks very rough. Please take a picture of the fish under white light if you don't mind. Could be something else entirely. Like marine velvet.

I now see the entire back fin is missing likely not from velvet. What other fish/inverts do you keep? What is the size of the fish? Looks quite small.

OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything on the fishes skin? And deteration? Sorry to say it but looks very rough. Please take a picture of the fish under white light if you don't mind. Could be something else entirely. Like marine velvet.

I now see the entire back fin is missing likely not from velvet. What other fish/inverts do you keep? What is the size of the fish? Looks quite small.
It’s pretty small about an inch. We gave a maroon clown, hippo tang, flame angel, 6 lined wrasse, a few dottybacks, a few fire fish, a file fish and a goby. Also have snails hermit crabs and a banded coral shrimp. I’ve never seen anything go after the tang.

Pico bam

Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea you likely have an aggressive fish. Sometimes they play nice when a person is present in front of the tank. And go crazy when they can't see you. Alot like children. My guess would be the maroon clown or the flame angel depending on the size but might even be the hippo tang.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Vivid
Back