BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Tank size 72x18.5x25 135
3 Hydra 32's 13.5" above water

I am using a 10 hour light cycle and I'm getting the below results for my par.

Using Pennywise 81% Deadlight 10hour preset. ( I have used this lighting schedule at a lower % on my nano tanks for the past year)

Par levels.JPG

I am going to be moving 2 smaller Nano tanks into this main display tank. My current stocking of coral is the following

Soft
1- Ton of different zoa's for a big zoa garden ( probably like 15-20 different frags/small groups)
2 - Huge chunk of of green nephthea
3 - Purple nepthea
4 - Toadstool
5 - Kenya Tree
6 - Purple Cespitularia
7 - Rhodactis Mushrooms
8 - Ricordea Mushrooms
9 - Large Fuzzy Mushroom

LPS
1 - Favia x2
2 - Euphyllia (octos/hammers/frogs)
3 - ORA Duncans
4 - Candy Canes

As you can see the majority of the corals I currently have are mainly soft corals but I want to get into more LPS and have a mixed reef of LPS/Soft I don't really have any interest in the majority of SPS corals that's not saying I wont in the future they just intimidate me atm.

Questions:
- With this style of mixed reef in mind would you change anything about my par levels ?
- Where would you place most of the corals ?
- I have also been thinking about putting another arch of rock in between 2 and 4 to get some more height for some corals that want higher par. thoughts on more rock?

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Tank size 72x18.5x25 135
3 Hydra 32's 13.5" above water

I am using a 10 hour light cycle and I'm getting the below results for my par.

Using Pennywise 81% Deadlight 10hour preset. ( I have used this lighting schedule at a lower % on my nano tanks for the past year)

Par levels.JPG

I am going to be moving 2 smaller Nano tanks into this main display tank. My current stocking of coral is the following

Soft
1- Ton of different zoa's for a big zoa garden ( probably like 15-20 different frags/small groups)
2 - Huge chunk of of green nephthea
3 - Purple nepthea
4 - Toadstool
5 - Kenya Tree
6 - Purple Cespitularia
7 - Rhodactis Mushrooms
8 - Ricordea Mushrooms
9 - Large Fuzzy Mushroom

LPS
1 - Favia x2
2 - Euphyllia (octos/hammers/frogs)
3 - ORA Duncans
4 - Candy Canes

As you can see the majority of the corals I currently have are mainly soft corals but I want to get into more LPS and have a mixed reef of LPS/Soft I don't really have any interest in the majority of SPS corals that's not saying I wont in the future they just intimidate me atm.

Questions:
- With this style of mixed reef in mind would you change anything about my par levels ?
- Where would you place most of the corals ?
- I have also been thinking about putting another arch of rock in between 2 and 4 to get some more height for some corals that want higher par. thoughts on more rock?
The LPS would have to be mounted on the high rock.

Personally, I would crest about 175/200 par on the highest points.

OP
OP
BillB83

BillB83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LPS would have to be mounted on the high rock.

Personally, I would crest about 175/200 par on the highest points.
I also think the par should be higher the question i have then is how do i raise the par do i have to change to another preset on the lights or should i add another hydra 32 to the light fixture ?

Dburr1014

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think the par should be higher the question i have then is how do i raise the par do i have to change to another preset on the lights or should i add another hydra 32 to the light fixture ?
You are at 80% so there is room to go higher.
If it doesn't get you there, another fixture will.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back