Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I need help identifying what these spots are. Currently going through a bacterial bloom and have had my tank a little over 2 months. I first noticed a bump on top of one of my clownfish as I continued to monitor I began to notice it becoming pink and eventually looking more like an abrasion almost like the bump bursted through. The behavior has been ok from what I see. Swimming rather normal has been eating still I noticed it not really interested in brine shrimp but does eat pellets and eats copepods throughout the day. I woke up this morning and noticed a new tiny pink spot around its right fin close to it's underside. I could be wrong but it looks like it's breathing faster as well and mouth more open/close frequency but not sure if it's eating copepods because it's constantly looks like it's going for debri. I tested the ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and ph using API saltwater kit and it seems like fine. All my corals, inverts and fish seem normal including the other clownfish. Anyone know what I'm dealing with?
1000001030.jpg
PXL_20221209_181322877.MP.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello everyone, I need help identifying what these spots are. Currently going through a bacterial bloom and have had my tank a little over 2 months. I first noticed a bump on top of one of my clownfish as I continued to monitor I began to notice it becoming pink and eventually looking more like an abrasion almost like the bump bursted through. The behavior has been ok from what I see. Swimming rather normal has been eating still I noticed it not really interested in brine shrimp but does eat pellets and eats copepods throughout the day. I woke up this morning and noticed a new tiny pink spot around its right fin close to it's underside. I could be wrong but it looks like it's breathing faster as well and mouth more open/close frequency but not sure if it's eating copepods because it's constantly looks like it's going for debri. I tested the ammonia, nitrates, nitrites and ph using API saltwater kit and it seems like fine. All my corals, inverts and fish seem normal including the other clownfish. Anyone know what I'm dealing with? View attachment 2928768 View attachment 2928771
Looks like an injury showing a gash. Keep an eye on it to assure it heals rather than become infected. Is the other clown annoying it ?
If infected will require treatment with anti-biotic in quarantine setting

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

DirkDigler

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, so you don't think it's some sort of disease? My Local shop recommended just monitoring it without treatment for now, good advice or remove it as of now and start treatment? A few things to note here is actually the one dealing with the spots was initially aggressive towards the smaller clown biting it's tail fins until eventually the smaller clown submitted to it ( twitched around it oddly) i think that's what it was. Anyways they have been fine since. First two week they spent the night middle sand bed but then introduced introduced another fish a pink spotted Gobi approx 3 inches and noticed the first night might have gone bad because i woke up in the morning and the clowns were behind the return pump sleeping and saw my pink spot goby with a big bite mark bottom of its mouth. Not sure if any relationship to that. Not sure if the pistol or clowns did that. Clowns are primarily been at top surface and have episodes where they hangout in one spot then will randomly explore.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
LA
Back