Final plan!

Scissor tail dart fish
2 ocelerris clownfish
Midas blenny
Two spot bimacules blenny
Tailspot blenny
Royal gramma

Any idea how to care for them?
Your best way to learn this is Google each individual species and read up.

Cichlid Dad

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still should cut this list in half!
I run a 90 standard my stocking is a one spot fox face, Clarkii clown , lawn mower Blenny, 1 falco hawk, luner wrasse ( I know I know), 1 yellow tail damsel, 1 green chromis. 6 snails, 4 hermit crab,

Rick's Reviews

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I care for them?

*this is my first tank
See final fishes
Yes lots... And I mean lots of information on reef2reef. You should research all spieces of fish individually using google to help you with general ideas to help you create an aquarium that's yours, there's alot of variables that goes into setting up a marine aquarium and each aquarium is different.
You have to consider growth of fish you will be adding hence why people are advising on less. in my 45g the max fish I've allowed for is 8, however plenty of room for snails, crabs, hermits, corals etc :)

I started with a wish list similar to yours, did my research on each fish whilst my tank was cycling, my main wish list fish was a mandarin, so I cycled/ then had an empty tank for a year to build up pod population.

My wish list changed considerably through research and reef2reef community as there is so many beautiful spieces of fish and invertebrates that I did NOT know about AFTER filling my aquarium with life

If you have opportunity to, I would would advice on doing research, I added 2 ocolaris clowns as it's 'the norm'
in hindsight I would of added Picasso clowns or snowflake/ designer clowns

Just my thoughts
Wish you best of luck :)

Corals.com
OP
OP
bambooshark

bambooshark

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes lots... And I mean lots of information on reef2reef. You should research all spieces of fish individually using google to help you with general ideas to help you create an aquarium that's yours, there's alot of variables that goes into setting up a marine aquarium and each aquarium is different.
You have to consider growth of fish you will be adding hence why people are advising on less. in my 45g the max fish I've allowed for is 8, however plenty of room for snails, crabs, hermits, corals etc :)

I started with a wish list similar to yours, did my research on each fish whilst my tank was cycling, my main wish list fish was a mandarin, so I cycled/ then had an empty tank for a year to build up pod population.

My wish list changed considerably through research and reef2reef community as there is so many beautiful spieces of fish and invertebrates that I did NOT know about AFTER filling my aquarium with life

If you have opportunity to, I would would advice on doing research, I added 2 ocolaris clowns as it's 'the norm'
in hindsight I would of added Picasso clowns or snowflake/ designer clowns

Just my thoughts
Wish you best of luck :)
I am looking for some corals. Are all my fish reef safe? What corals would be good?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta do some of your own research for some of this basic stuff. This thread is a good place to start:

Read up and come back with any specific questions.

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
bambooshark

bambooshark

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta do some of your own research for some of this basic stuff. This thread is a good place to start:

Read up and come back with any specific questions.
From what I saw they eat slightly different things. How do I feed them separately? And royal grammas do you feed them a verity of foods or do they eat a verity

Nutramar Foods

Cell

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I saw they eat slightly different things. How do I feed them separately? And royal grammas do you feed them a verity of foods or do they eat a verity
A variety of foods for most fish is best. The method you choose is up to you. Some people broadcast feed, meaning they just spread the food around in the aquarium. This is the easiest method, but can lead to uneaten food creating unwanted nutrients. Or you can target feed and deliver food with some tongs or coral feeder closer to the fish.

There are a lot of threads with food recommendations on this forum. Click the magnifying glass icon on the top right and you can search for some and find a wealth of info.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dr. Reefs Quarantined Fish
Back