HELP! Losing LPS to bacterial infection?

BRS

MischiefReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I share some of your concerns despite reading several reports of cipro dosing not hurting the tank. For now I’m sticking to cipro treatment outside the tank. It will be 3-4 weeks before I get the report back on the bacterial profile of my tank and if it’s relatively normal or atypical. Until I know more (or unless I start losing significantly more coral) I’m going to be very cautious.

I may give a hydrogen peroxide dip a try as well if nothing improves, but i don’t want to do too much at one time. First I need to see if yesterday’s Bayer dip might have made any difference.
If it is ciliates, you may be harming your corals by antibiotic treatment.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I share some of your concerns despite reading several reports of cipro dosing not hurting the tank. For now I’m sticking to cipro treatment outside the tank. It will be 3-4 weeks before I get the report back on the bacterial profile of my tank and if it’s relatively normal or atypical. Until I know more (or unless I start losing significantly more coral) I’m going to be very cautious.

I may give a hydrogen peroxide dip a try as well if nothing improves, but i don’t want to do too much at one time. First I need to see if yesterday’s Bayer dip might have made any difference.

Agreed. If you do everything at the same time or everything too close together, you'll never be able to know what worked.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back