Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone so recently i had a tank crash and for some reason my wrasse jumped out and i was not home when this happened. So when i got home i found her on the floor in a bad state but she was breathing. i don’t know how long she was on the floor for but now she’s in a small tank and being monitored. she is still breathing but doesn’t swim much and just lays on her side and sometimes she can keep herself up. she’ll move around sometimes but then stop. i will show pictures and hopefully someone can help thank you!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just had a fish jump. Allow it to settle under low light and no sand for tonight as it needs to restore its slime coat.
Same with feeding skim tonight. Add Oxygen via air stone if you can

Corals.com

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone so recently i had a tank crash and for some reason my wrasse jumped out and i was not home when this happened. So when i got home i found her on the floor in a bad state but she was breathing. i don’t know how long she was on the floor for but now she’s in a small tank and being monitored. she is still breathing but doesn’t swim much and just lays on her side and sometimes she can keep herself up. she’ll move around sometimes but then stop. i will show pictures and hopefully someone can help thank you!

View attachment 3113329 View attachment 3113330 View attachment 3113331
She’s laying on its side because she wants to be able to burry. The gravel shes in currently is going to risk damaging her further, how do you think they settle into tanks and reduce stress? Through hiding in the sand. The best way Leopard Wrasses ever recover is through sand, without it I’ve had minimal luck with them. I have restored fish from jumping quite easily through just allowing them to relax and calm in a natural situation. Which yes, includes proper sand and plenty of rocks to hide.

shcrimps

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add a bowl of sand, a tank transfer would add too much stress. If it can bury itself it has a chance
i second this, anything to help it be more comfortable should help speed things up
i’ve had experience with fish jumping and finding them alive and i usually put them in a separation box in the tank so i don’t have to acclimate them to another tank and stress them more

Top Shelf Aquatics
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back