Help ID white growth on favia

seahuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, i need help to figure out some white stuff growing on my favia. The favia is dear to me as it was nearly 99% dead(as you can see from original body) but I was able to nurse it back from a small spec of tissue and now it has a visible mouth.

This white growth appeared overnight, I took it out to examine and tried to pull it out but its slimy and almost seem attached to the coral.

Does anyone know what this white thing is? almost look spongy but its slimy.

Salinity: 1.026 refactor
nitrate 13ish hanna (been ranging 10-15 for 2 weeks)
cal : 485 salifert
phosphate: 0.27 (came down from .4ish 6 days ago)
alk : 10 api (been consistent around this number)
ph: 7.9-8.1

Other LPS looks happy in the tank and the favia does have its tentacles out partially

coral1.jpg
coral2.jpg
coral3.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi guys, i need help to figure out some white stuff growing on my favia. The favia is dear to me as it was nearly 99% dead(as you can see from original body) but I was able to nurse it back from a small spec of tissue and now it has a visible mouth.

This white growth appeared overnight, I took it out to examine and tried to pull it out but its slimy and almost seem attached to the coral.

Does anyone know what this white thing is? almost look spongy but its slimy.

Salinity: 1.026 refactor
nitrate 13ish hanna (been ranging 10-15 for 2 weeks)
cal : 485 salifert
phosphate: 0.27 (came down from .4ish 6 days ago)
alk : 10 api (been consistent around this number)
ph: 7.9-8.1

Other LPS looks happy in the tank and the favia does have its tentacles out partially

coral1.jpg
coral2.jpg
coral3.jpg
Dont believe its filaments which they occasionally get but may be mucus from high phosphates, lack of calcium or high alk

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back