Help? Bleaching Coral

toor.attar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I did an ICP test because of some bleaching coral. To say the least it’s really bad. Phosphate and Iodine are extremely high. Phosphate is 10.23 ppm. Iodine is 1906 µg/l.
Sulfur was high as well.
Sulfur is 913 mg.

I am running a 15 Gallon innovative marine Mixed Reef for a Year and a Half now. Lots of Zoanthids, Variety of Lps, with a few Sps as well. With only a Pair of Clowns.
My Green Pocillopora is bleaching, same with my Purple Digitata. Some coral like my Tubbs Stellata and Favia have brown algae growing on some parts of their skeleton. It’s going fast but is there a chance I can still save them?

All other parameters came okay.
Nitrate 16.
Magnesium 1200.
Calcium 400.
Alkalinity 10dkh. I know a lil high.

I am thinking of adding Extra Carbon to absorb the Iodine.
And adding some Rowaphos and Brightwell Xport Po4 to remove the phosphates.
And doing Daily 15% Water Changes.

Any Advice or Recommendations are appreciated. Please help me save my mini reef.

I’ll drop some pictures of the Bleaching and the Browning.

IMG_1213.jpeg
IMG_1241.jpeg
IMG_1239.jpeg
IMG_1240.jpeg
IMG_1243.jpeg
IMG_1244.jpeg
IMG_1185.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals are not bleaching. Bleaching happens very quickly within 1-2 days. This is slow death.

Your main issue seems to be the sps corals, and seeing them beside the lps corals, I am thinking perhaps low light and low flow.

Do you know the par level? Or what kind of light do you have?

OP
OP
toor.attar

toor.attar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals are not bleaching. Bleaching happens very quickly within 1-2 days. This is slow death.

Your main issue seems to be the sps corals, and seeing them beside the lps corals, I am thinking perhaps low light and low flow.

Do you know the par level? Or what kind of light do you have?
The Purple Digitata started doing that just today. My light schedule is 14 hours and all the sps are practically getting blasted by flow.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shouldn't be dosing anything in a nano tank unless heavily stocked with SPS just weekly water changes. Get your numbers checked again.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back