HELP 8 stage bulk reef supply RODI Filter

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
Let me explain what I got going on I have been getting water from a filter carwash or so I thought it was filter it says it goes through RO and UV and all that well I got a TDS Meter and messured that and it was 150 my Source water at home is 510!!!! anyways I picked up a 4 stage 150GPD water saver with this I had plans to add another carbon and after talking with BRS they said I need a triple DI with that much TDS fast forward to yesterday it all comes in. ADD ON Carbon and Triple DI. Call BRS and ask how to plump it all they say Sediment in new add on then 2 carbons and then your RO and then all 4 DI since I had one DI and added a triple. Okay first test I flushed it but had it hooked up wrong had the Product line from 4 stage hooked into the Product line of triple di after I got that figured out and flushed it. After asking on a FB group everyone said get rid of the first bit of water. At first my TDS going in was lower than coming out!!! after letting it run for about 2 hours and everything going down the drain this is where I am at.

PSI 42 I know I need a booster wondering if this isn't my problem

MY TDS going in read about 23 coming out the 4 stage it is 22-23 what the heck is this right or normal??? And this is where my first problem is Why does my TDS meter read over 500 when I get a clean cup and test it but that meter says going in is 23 that is a hugeeeee difference. I tested TDS of drinking water it was about 5-6 not sure what meter is not working

Next going into the third DI it reads 32 higher than the 5 stage WTHHH again is this normal or why is this?

Finally after it gets through that second DI or the First DI in the Triple Which BRS told me go CAT AION and 2 Mixed in that stage so after the first two it goes to ZERO TDS and then after the last stage is ZERO TDS again that seems ok but dang it took that much to get to zero???

And then I took clean used plastic cup and measured product water it shows 15-25 WTHHH dude. So once Again is my meter wrong or the ones of the TDS how can I check.. Let me guess buy a new TDS meter to be sure ?

I am hoping someone can give me some answers like I said I ran it for 2 hours and let it all go before starting to collect the water and check my messaurments. Seems kind of ridiculous it's taking this much or something just seems off not to mention I have spend a lot of money on this for it to be half butt ya know.. I guess with my Filtered water I was using being 150 if I can get anything under 10 I should be happy but I want zero for sure. Please try to explain

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of those stages are mixed bed DI? Should be 0 or close to zero

Make sure you have the DI cartridge rightside up
IMG_8028.jpeg
Like this ? Yes 2 mixed bed one cat and a anion

Solo McReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8028.jpeg
Like this ? Yes 2 mixed bed one cat and a anion

Which way is the arrow going on the cartridge?

I thought the 4 stage was your initial RODI. Not 4 stages of DI resin.

I have in order, Sediment, Carbon, 2 RO, mixed bed, as my main RODI

Then that goes into the the BRS Triple, Anion, Cation, and Mixed bed DI, then out

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which way is the arrow going on the cartridge?

I thought the 4 stage was your initial RODI. Not 4 stages of DI resin.

I have in order, Sediment, Carbon, 2 RO, mixed bed, as my main RODI

Then that goes into the the BRS Triple, Anion, Cation, and Mixed bed DI, then out
I was just showing the DI so you could see how the canisters are. It goes sediment two Carbon blocks the Ro and 4 stages of DI resin my resin goes cat anion and mixed BRS told me to move them all up one so CAT was first and my other mixed was second to last next to the other mixed..

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit confused on the order your filters are in. After the RO membrane, you want to do cation, anion, and then mixed bed. My understanding is that this order is important because the cation and anion beds leave behind ions that are caught by the next bed.

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a bit confused on the order your filters are in. After the RO membrane, you want to do cation, anion, and then mixed bed. My understanding is that this order is important because the cation and anion beds leave behind ions that are caught by the next bed.
It is in that order I just have two stages of mixed resin

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the arrow they are referring to:

PXL_20240724_124109362.jpg

I have pretty much the same setup, but with only one RO membrane. My water is near 400 tds going in, and is in the single digits after the RO stage. It always reads 0 TDS before going into the first of the mixed beds. Not sure why the results are so different.

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have pretty much the same setup, but with only one RO membrane. My water is near 400 tds going in, and is in the single digits after the RO stage. It always reads 0 TDS before going into the first of the mixed beds. Not sure why the results are so different.
Yes I have them installed like that and resin tapped down and pushed in to get as much and no air pockets

OP
OP
L

Lgara1303

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Does it read 400 going in Mine is saying 23 which there's no way it can be that low I don't think I wouldn't think to many people have water that low going in so I am confused on that. so are you saying it is in single digits after the RO after going in at 400. What gets it to zero the DI?

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going from memory, so the numbers my not be exact, but I read about 400tds out of the tap.
There isn't much change in this number after the sediment filter and two carbon blocks.
After the RO membrane stage I usually see around 8TDS
After the cation and Anion stages it is usually reading 0TDS
After the two mixed bed filters, it still reads 0TDS.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back