+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks!

So new to the forum and starting my salt water adventure.

Background about me - I work for a gaming computer company and we ship computers all over the world and I manage the chaos :).
Anyway, I have a 46 gallon bow front tank that I have had for 6 years with very little hoopla and its been great!. I also have a 5000 gallon koi pond out back with tons of fish and awesome rock scaping with a water fall I hand built (82k pounds of rock just to get an idea LOL).

Anyway SOOooOO. Starting my salt water tank in my general style - I am captain overkill.
So I have been hunting the sales thread in Utah and found a 300 gallon Deep Dimension starphire glass tank from a guy who was moving to his new custom built 500 gallon.

So I had it brought in last night and I am still on the hunt for a 120 gallon sump tank that I am going to build. Also I am going to build a stand for it out of wood as well. The idea here is its on a wall facing my cold storage room which I currently breed roses in and will soon have my aquarium stuff in it :).
The front of the stand will also house 2 Wine fridges in it and such since the back side of the wall is where i will put all the guts of it.

So this is where it starts, over the next you week I will build a stand for the beast and then con some beefy friends to come help me lift it.

Next piece, what kind of tank am I going for? Well I want it to be a reef tank so coral of all sorts is the goal. I know that limits some of my fish options but with 300 gallons + 120 gallon sump + maybe a 55ish refugium - I think i can have some pretty cool stuff. My tank is very wide being almost 3 feet back and 2 feet tall.

So basically now I need some help into advise on how to set this thing up. Price really isn't to much of an issue (not saying I want to buy the most expensive of everything - but still I am in no rush and want to do it right). I think I want to use an APEX, I do tend to travel for a week or two at a time which means I need to be able to be notified if things go south. I will have a camera hooked up to view it as well. I am a tech nut - I hand built a chicken coop with cameras/ automated feeders/heaters/doors/cameras and waterers.

Anyway so first step is getting the parts for the tank. Below is a link you can comment on if you feel like it :)!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FP-cMuNx20THZrUJP4P1B_PrwZea6UJLoZ5wmfddEcA/edit?usp=sharing

Hope this was a good start to what I am trying to do and about me. Thanks!!!!

CLICK TO VIEW

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pumped up for you!!!

Thanks for signing up, sharing and welcome to Reef 2 Reef :)

Top Shelf Aquatics

Homelander

I'm Homelander, I can do whatever I want.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor.gif

Top Shelf Aquatics

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

I too, overkill everything! “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!”

Keep us posted with that build with LOTS of pics! :)

CLICK TO VIEW
AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Chasers Aquaculture
Back