Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, and with that drill job you should already have a badge.
As to the live rock, depends on where it has been to know what kind of hangers on it might have. I for one am a strong proponent of a piece or two. There are ways to flush out things like mantis shrimps but I don’t think that’s gonna be your problem. Best of luck looking forward to more pictures

683B9F66-0FC1-40E0-9909-81B51EC9BFBD.gif

Jimbhoy13

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

You can get the UK banner here: Click Account then “Join User Group”, scroll to the bottom and click on “United Kingdom User Group‘’

4davegill

Community Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I look forward to seeing your updates. One thing to remember is the setup is all about patience. Make sure you cycle your rock early, as it takes a while to establish the bacteria that will filter your nitrates, nitrites, phosphates, etc. Once you do though, it is incredible.
-4davegill

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evening/Morning!

I'm brand new to the reefing scene, always wanted a tank and finally in a position to set one up. Making an account and a post on here upon recommendation from a friend saying its a great community, which i hope to be a part of. I had a great opportunity to pick up a 150 gallon 5x2x2 second hand and cheap. It was previously a freshwater tank but I managed to successfully drill two holes in! (a few stressful moments there).
So far I've got my sump, heaters, pump, and had a stand made.
Ive decided on using marco rock for the aqua-scape and am picking it up tomorrow, plumbing pieces have been ordered and im still trying to figure out exactly which lights will work.

My plan is to start off with LPS and Softies which from what i can gather seems to be the way most people go at the start. Love the look the flow generates with all the movement.

Still researching exactly how to cycle etc but think I'm going to let it do its thing without putting any live rock in there at the beginning as its a massive learning curve and i want to fully understand how everything works before I put anything living in it.
Ive attached a few photos but ultimately probably boring for anyone to look at until I've at least got some rock and water in it.

Thanks for your time and I'll post some updates as I get them.
Peace o/

View attachment 2641525 View attachment 2641526 View attachment 2641527 View attachment 2641528

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are well on your way!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Hydra138

Hydra138

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are well on your way!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you mate, really appreciate the tips.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back