+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef

Sounds like you have some pretty cool tanks! Hopefully you can put a build thread together eventually. That experiment tank sounds interesting.
I will post a picture of it soon

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaCave Logo Banner

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

bnord

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG! THE SECOND PHOTO IT’S SO CUTE AND TINY! What it is?
Hatchling Horned Lizard in Tejas
let loose right after the shot
how it found food is a wonder of nature, no?

bnord

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hatchling Horned Lizard in Tejas
let loose right after the shot
how it found food is a wonder of nature, no?
All they eat are ants, and it’s amazing that something this small can find enough grow up for the 4 to 6 inch adults that they become. Don’t think ants are very nutritious either, so it takes a whole bunch of them

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
J

jamesjohnson2121

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome. That algae tank sounds cool. I'd love to see some pictures.

The 10 gallon algae tank.
Tank 1.JPG
Tank 2.JPG
I put 10lbs of live sand, 12lbs of dry rock, an old turbo snail shell, a aqua-clear 70 hob filter with just sponges, and two 2nd gen A029 30 watt LED lights. The lights are on 12 hours a day and set to 100% blue 25% white. The only flow for the tank is the AC 70 as it is pretty strong in the 10 gallon tank. Tank has only been running for almost 4 months. I think it does kind of look cool. I do a 2 gallon water change every 2-3 weeks. It's not on a regular schedule like my other tanks are.

ABQ_CHRIS

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 10 gallon algae tank.
View attachment 2747456View attachment 2747457I put 10lbs of live sand, 12lbs of dry rock, an old turbo snail shell, a aqua-clear 70 hob filter with just sponges, and two 2nd gen A029 30 watt LED lights. The lights are on 12 hours a day and set to 100% blue 25% white. The only flow for the tank is the AC 70 as it is pretty strong in the 10 gallon tank. Tank has only been running for almost 4 months. I think it does kind of look cool. I do a 2 gallon water change every 2-3 weeks. It's not on a regular schedule like my other tanks are.

Thanks for posting this. You aren't adding any nutrients (other than light) or anything?

It would be fun to have a tank to do experiments, but I fear that I would just turn it into another permanent tank.

OP
OP
J

jamesjohnson2121

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting this. You aren't adding any nutrients (other than light) or anything?

It would be fun to have a tank to do experiments, but I fear that I would just turn it into another permanent tank.
nothing but light and water changes every few weeks or so when i think about it. The more i look at this tank the more i think i will end up keeping it.

Nutramar Foods

Opus

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you don't already know about it, Aquashella is next month in Dallas. They will have saltwater and freshwater fish. I think they also said there will be a reptile booth or 2.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LandLockedJones

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I left out my experiment tank i have a 10 gallon running with rock and sand no fish coral or inverts I’m letting all the algae grow and it does kind of look cool. Not sure how long i will keep it like that but for now it is neat to see all the forms of life grow from just water and light.
Welcome aboard!

If not a bit late to the party.

This 10 gallon also will make a great tank for moving any aggressive fish too. I am doing the same with a tiny little 6 gallon. Have not actually turned the light on yet. And if I can catch my cleaner shrimp, it will be his new home. Tired of him stealing food from my rock flowers.

Also, howdy from pflugerville!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is James I’m a reptile breeder slowly making my way into the fish world. I have a 29 gallon nano soft coral reef running for almost two years now no sump no skimmer just a hob a 75 gallon soft coral reef for 9 months same as the 29 no sump or skimmer. I am working on getting my 125 set up as a reef tank with a sump and skimmer as i want to get into the harder corals. I’m still very new to the hobby and joined to get help and ideas for my new build and just learn more of the hobby so i can advance and keep lps and sps at some point in the future. Thank you for allowing me to join.

Hi James and Welcome! Glad you joined. A BIG 'Howdy' from another Texas resident!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Kinetics
Back