+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Another Hoosier here, from Plainfield. Southwest of Indianapolis

What LFS do my fellow Hoosier reefers go to? I only know of "The Reef", "Modern Aquatics", and "Premium Aquatics"
If you're ever up north, The Ark is my go to.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My wife and I used to live in Northern NM where we had a 210, and two 125s, all mixed reef tanks. We then moved cross country to her historic family farm to keep it from being sold off to developers. We moved all of our fish and corals into our LFS's warehouse and were expecting to set up our 210 again. The movers destroyed our tank so finally, after a year we lucked into a great deal on a 350. With new beams and floor jacks to support the tank, our 165-year-old home is ready for the newest upgrade. We are working on getting everything running, and have been long-time lurkers but are now members on this page.

Welcome! Glad you joined. HOLY COW - you have BBA - Bounce Back Ability - that is great for this hobby and wonderful life skill. I admire you both for persevering!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Indiana:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Nutramar Foods
AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
FarmerMaz

FarmerMaz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!! Another Hoosier here, from Plainfield. Southwest of Indianapolis

What LFS do my fellow Hoosier reefers go to? I only know of "The Reef", "Modern Aquatics", and "Premium Aquatics"
I am working with the Reef, after a bit over a year of the Reef storing my fish and corals in their warehouse I feel like I owe them child support. The owner is just an amazing man. I will have to look at the other places you mentioned too. We are just up in Westfield

Nutramar Foods

Reefer911

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

My wife and I used to live in Northern NM where we had a 210, and two 125s, all mixed reef tanks. We then moved cross country to her historic family farm to keep it from being sold off to developers. We moved all of our fish and corals into our LFS's warehouse and were expecting to set up our 210 again. The movers destroyed our tank so finally, after a year we lucked into a great deal on a 350. With new beams and floor jacks to support the tank, our 165-year-old home is ready for the newest upgrade. We are working on getting everything running, and have been long-time lurkers but are now members on this page.
That’s awesome! Where in Indiana?

Nutramar Foods

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium world can be a nice place to browse, can find some good deals, just grabbed this guy for 20, in all honesty the best coral and collector stuff is found on FB marketplace or on here with local hobbyists. Great network of people311E81C4-C924-4BB0-8542-075D82159519.png

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

TCK Corals
Back