Hello from China!

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I'm Subeti. I'm from China and will soon be studying at the University of Michigan (Go Blue!). As someone born in the 2000s, I rarely find peers who share my interest in marine life, so I hope to join this forum to find friends.

My English isn't very good, and I'm not familiar with some English terms related to saltwater aquariums, so I might make language mistakes sometimes.

My interest in reef aquariums started with jellyfish. In 2020, I was captivated by their appearance by chance, so I began raising them. Over three years, I have kept species like the Chrysaora quinquecirrha, Moon Jellyfish, Rhopilema esculentum, and Lion's Mane Jellyfish, some of which I raised to their full lifespan. Encouraged by some jellyfish enthusiasts, I decided to set up my first tank in 2023. It was a 20-gallon tank focusing on LPS corals, which concluded in early 2024, with all inhabitants safely transferred to my new tank. In early 2024, I started an 80-gallon tank, focusing on SPS corals, and so far, it worked well.

This is my journey with marine aquariums so far, and I hope to continue this story and make it a lifelong hobby, just like many members like you in this forum.

Here are some pics of my journey.

2c5c81bb0341195b6bab9c23a892696.jpg

Lion's Mane Jellyfish
0cef56ec6b65bab5b297ffb2b8de128.jpg

My 20-gal LPS tank
83236ce143e34d4dd8090ec2603e410.jpg

My 80-gal SPS tank

Well I'll forgive your dedication to U of M. I haven't been too happy with them since UW choked in the National Championship, lol!

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back