OP
unclejed

unclejed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back man! I actually just sold my biocube but I got that sucker pretty quiet, not sure if any vendors here sell them but what I did, in the back I added the inTank 3 tier filtration and refugium add ins, and then they sell a flow ramp for $5 that makes the water go silent. I knew I shouldve kept them but I sold them with the tank. Also I know some people added flow directors onto the exit into the tank but I left that stock. Very quiet, if it got loud it meant filters were clogged or low water.
Oh yes, I have that set up. I am talking about vibration/hum from return pump.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AaaR2R2.gif

It had already been said, but explore the wonderful world of DC pumps. They're uber-quiet!

So Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

OP
OP
unclejed

unclejed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon investigating further I have found that with the hood open it is virtually silent, it is when I go to close the hood at about 3/4 of the down the hum and noise starts. I tried everything I could think of i.e. moved the pump around, moved the wires etc. It isn't related to the skimmer. Somehow the vibration/hum noise comes when closing the hood. Ok you aquarium detectives, what say you?

OP
OP
unclejed

unclejed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! I have a 32 biocube that isn't noisy. I made sure that the pump is on the bracket with he four suction cups. I also made sure that it doesn't touch the sides of the chamber.
Upon investigating further I have found that with the hood open it is virtually silent, it is when I go to close the hood at about 3/4 of the down the hum and noise starts. I tried everything I could think of i.e. moved the pump around, moved the wires etc. It isn't related to the skimmer. Somehow the vibration/hum noise comes when closing the hood. Ok you aquarium detectives, what say you?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back