Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell when I installed the @Innovative Marine Helio heating system? Default is 77 then I set to 78.

Loving it so far!

The swings were from a 500w Finnex controlled by an InkBird WiFi (horrible - had to adjust calibration by 7 degrees, probe not replaceable).

But to be be sort of fair, the 300w ViaAqua (integrated controller) failed at some point, so the Finnex wasn’t enough power. But when both old heaters were working, still had crazy swings etc.

4BB20DCA-EADE-4C55-8BA3-3801185143FA.jpeg

Nutramar Foods
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure, but I think the price has gone down. I was using finnex and I think they are junk. My lfs swears by them, I have 6 tanks with two heaters each, plus one heater for each of my 6 qt setups and I have had at least 4 failures and have several that the dial is no where close to the actual heat it sets at.

One of them failed the night before we left town. Thought I smelled something hot, and finally found it behind my big QT observation setup. The controller was melting. If it had happened the next day, I expect the house would have burned down while we were gone.

OP
OP
Bato367

Bato367

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure, but I think the price has gone down. I was using finnex and I think they are junk. My lfs swears by them, I have 6 tanks with two heaters each, plus one heater for each of my 6 qt setups and I have had at least 4 failures and have several that the dial is no where close to the actual heat it sets at.

One of them failed the night before we left town. Thought I smelled something hot, and finally found it behind my big QT observation setup. The controller was melting. If it had happened the next day, I expect the house would have burned down while we were gone.
Wow! Yes, heaters are no joke.

I used to like my InkBird controllers but this one did it for me. Customer support basically told me my swing were within specs and it was fine. Had a mind of its own.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquariums Wholesale Live coral auctions every week
Back