Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s about 50F outdoors often where I live, I started using a garden hose to do my rodi so as not to tie up the bathroom.

One side effect of it being cold is that the rejection rate is very high which creates a lot of excess waste water.

I was thinking about immersing the rodi system into a bucket full of warm water and use a spare heater I have to keep the system in the 75F range. I can drill a lid to retain heat…

Any thoughts on if this would be effective? The input water would probably still be cold but I imagine the system being immersed in warm water could help a lot?

AS
OP
OP
FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water will regulate to the temp underground. I would ensure proper gph instead. Have a booster pump? Getting the right amount of flow?
Yeah pressure seems to be very good. I think high rejection rate is a symptom of temperature given the same water tds.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah pressure seems to be very good. I think high rejection rate is a symptom of temperature given the same water tds.
I would double check pressure. Most add booster pumps to reduce waste water. Heating flowing water won't be an easy task. Would be cheaper to fill a brute can, let room temp, then pump that through your RODI

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ecotech Marine
Back