Hate it when they fall somewhere in the tank!

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics

sr71

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost this and just found a bare rock

DSC01286.jpg

AngieN.

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so glad you "went there" first Puffer. :angel1: My hubby thinks he is the luckiest man in the world cuz he has a wifey that is into tanks AND works on them topless. "Not only does she do water changes, she does them topless...." :drool:

Nice to know others out there do the same. My husband doesn't mind either when I have to do tank maintenance. lol

BRS

Reefwifey

Zoa Black Thumb
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy, how did you lose 2 colonies by working topless? I'm always afraid of that because i use lotions, sprays, etc. I was my hands and arms the best I can before hand, and then after. And then salt water...makes me want to re-lotion afterwards....and THEN I noticed something feel, ARG!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good one fickle.....Jeremy will be wondering why he got all of these pictures of guys with thier shirts off cleaning tanks....LOL. I want to check out the ones you(fickle) get sent, so after your done with them send them my way.

gooch

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always hated buying frags and losing them in the cracks. When I started making the rocks for my tank I started to think about ways to avoid that.

I came up with what became named the frag station. I wanted a place I could use to aclimate corals or grow out frags until I could sell or trade them. I don't like the look of egg crate and I think these work pretty good.
Not everybody can afford or wants to keep a frag tank. With the frag station you can have a mini coral farm in your main tank with it fitting right into your rock structure or at the bottom of your tank.

Here are mine for my big tank. I plan on only buying frags for the tank. Once I have enough livestock I am going to mount my zoanthid colonies to them and let them encrust over plugs so I can continually be making frags without reducing the size of the colony.
123028.jpg

123031.jpg

123029.jpg

123030.jpg

I made a lot of these for guys on zoosrus.com when it was still a site. I always figured if it saved one frag from falling into the rocks it pays for itself the first time you use it.

Last edited:

gooch

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up. I do not sell the frag stations anymore. But I do make them for an online vendor and he has a bunch in stock.

Many of you already use the plugs that were designed to be used with the frag stations. Larry at Edens Gate Corals sells the plugs and is a sponsor on this site.

PM me if you want to know the vendor that carries the frag stations.

vetteman

licking zoa's
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up. I do not sell the frag stations anymore. But I do make them for an online vendor and he has a bunch in stock.

Many of you already use the plugs that were designed to be used with the frag stations. Larry at Edens Gate Corals sells the plugs and is a sponsor on this site.

PM me if you want to know the vendor that carries the frag stations.

Did you ever build my custom frag station?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back