Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been testing both NO3 and PO4 with Hannas every other day while I’m tuning some things. I also have noticed an occasional dramatic dip on both on the same testing day. At first I though my tuning experiment kicked in double time only to see the test 2 days later back to the expected curve. This could only mean testing error. What I found was interesting was BOTH had testing errors on the same day.

Theory is cross contamination of residual mixing reagent. I try to rinse many time of course. Then always do 2 fills of the vials in tank water before using the 3rd fill for the actual test. Maybe somewhere in my work flow some undissolved residuals stuck around. One should try and keep the glass separated but bit harder if you’re doing very frequent and a lot of testing. Just a theory for now.

ryshark

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been testing both NO3 and PO4 with Hannas every other day while I’m tuning some things. I also have noticed an occasional dramatic dip on both on the same testing day. At first I though my tuning experiment kicked in double time only to see the test 2 days later back to the expected curve. This could only mean testing error. What I found was interesting was BOTH had testing errors on the same day.

Theory is cross contamination of residual mixing reagent. I try to rinse many time of course. Then always do 2 fills of the vials in tank water before using the 3rd fill for the actual test. Maybe somewhere in my work flow some undissolved residuals stuck around. One should try and keep the glass separated but bit harder if you’re doing very frequent and a lot of testing. Just a theory for now.
I feel like they are both very accurate. I use the same vial for the tank water as the actual test. After I’m done I rinse the vial 4x.
3x with tap water and the last rinse with RODI. Then wipe it down and put it away.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back