hammer die off

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my oldest corals a purple hammer started to rapidly lose heads over the past month or so. Today I look and it was completely gone. Knocked over and covered in serpent stars . I know the stars didn’t kill it they were probably just munching on dead flesh. But what I don’t recognize are these little hairy structures. Anyone know what they are or if they could have contributed to the death of my hammer?
IMG_0250.jpeg

Doctorgori

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m gonna say no, no clue what those are but I’ve seen them before

anyway I’m going through similar as have many others, might be the same issue…
Lots of threads on euphilia losses

looking for answers myself

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
One of my oldest corals a purple hammer started to rapidly lose heads over the past month or so. Today I look and it was completely gone. Knocked over and covered in serpent stars . I know the stars didn’t kill it they were probably just munching on dead flesh. But what I don’t recognize are these little hairy structures. Anyone know what they are or if they could have contributed to the death of my hammer?
IMG_0250.jpeg
I see tube worm and vermetid snail evidence on skeleton but not the cause. Typical cause of polyp bailout which is what is shown is too much flow, low calcium, high phosphates and pests such as bugs or flatworms

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back