Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a clue . Moved the tank took out all the sand , changed 50% of the water and it just melted away . Everything else was ok .
Hmm I wonder if moving of the sand and the 50% wc was just too drastic of a change.

Good news my polyps are opening up! Started with one on the perimeter and now about a dozen! Not many but a start

robreefer91

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 2 weeks ago I got my first coral frags, I dipped and acclimated and everything was fine to begin with!

As of now, my toadstool, zoanthid, and mushroom are doing well. As of Wed, my GSP has not opened.. I moved it tonight into a higher flow area and I used a baster to blast the base. Some of the purple tissue is flaking which I noticed with the blasting... Should I be concerned? What else do you suggest?

Nitrates are about 20 ppm and I haven't checked Alk or pH in a little while but I'm assuming they're okay as everything else is looking good..
I’m new as well but mine took a while to open. Then they were open a while and closed for a while again. Sometimes the frag can be dirty or have algae. I think they do their own thing. After a while in the same conditions they seem to have came out and pretty much are always out. Idk if that helped but I think they looked how mine did and are probably fine. Just give more time.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NooPsyche CORAL LIGHT
Back