Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently acquired some nice frags and I would like to know what kind of growth rate I can expect :) I'm not sure if this should go in the propagation forum, so please move it if you see fit :) Here are the frags:
-2 x single polyp purple deaths
-1 x single polyp mean greens (like the one in Marvin's avatar)
-1 x single polyp purple people eater
-1 x 3 polyps raspberry limeaid

These I will be getting very soon from my new best friend Rommel :D
-Dungenous paly
-Crazy Daisy paly
-xmen paly
-joker paly

I'm getting ready to start up my new dual 40 system (40 breeders, 1 display and 1 sump) and I just set up a prop tank, so I'm hoping these frags will grow nicely for my display and I'd love to be able to trade with some of you! Thanks in advance :)

Chelsey

Corals.com

sr71

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do zoas/palys do better (grow) in dirty tank vs. heavily skim tank? I have a asm g1x on a 30 gal and was thinking cutting back.

OT how do you guys get those faces in the main body of your text. When I click on one the face in the post icons it goes to the title area.

Alright Chelsey give up your source for the PD. Who is it? Dang it smiley face come down here!!! Now angry face

Top Shelf Aquatics

allurex22

Banned
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had vho lighting on my tanks for a while till i switched to t-5 not much of a difference in growth... i liked the blues of the vho lighting better. growth all verys on your tank conditions... if worst comes to worst and you really wanna boost growth use mark weiss's "coral vital dna" it's an addative that pushes your corals to accept more light and eat more.. therefore they grow faster... oddly ennough it works well. just don't od your tank on it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
My buddy in the reef club has an sps tank with a few choice zoas, and his is the cleanest tank I have ever seen. He has a MR2 Recirculating skimmer on a 90g, and it skims constantly. That being said I fragged him some PPE's, and he is getting about 6 new polyps a month, and the PPE's look so much better in his tank than mine. Mine sometimes gets a faded skirt a littl, but his are bright green and dark prurple. So it may just depend.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hand feed the Purple deaths and you will be amased at the growth rate, I don't care what lighting you have. I feed mine 1-2 times a week and get probably 1-3 new polyps every 2-3 weeks. Probably more towards the highend of growth rate......

Nutramar Foods

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actully traded more then sold, I don't think a lot of people really feed them specificly. As far as I know I am the only one that has came to that conclusion. If I do sell them I don't charge online prices for people I know or people on here either really. I use them for more trade bait then anything. They are still limited as far as the chain of dispursion, although I have done my best to spread them out as well as others here.

AS

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actully traded more then sold, I don't think a lot of people really feed them specificly. As far as I know I am the only one that has came to that conclusion. If I do sell them I don't charge online prices for people I know or people on here either really. I use them for more trade bait then anything. They are still limited as far as the chain of dispursion, although I have done my best to spread them out as well as others here.

hey, I feed mine too.. :lol:

they get mysis or brine shrimp when I feed the fishes and I also feed my corals (whoever is going to feed) Coral Frenzy and Golden Pearls atleast once a week, twice if I remember... although, my PD's have halted on producing polyps the past month.. I think they're about ready to have a growth explosion soon.. if not, they're getting fragged! haha

I haven't sold one yet but if I do, it'll be included on a frag pack... :)

OP
OP
Chelsey

Chelsey

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already bought one pack from Rommel, I put in a huge order right after I received my last pack, the entire stock list for my 40 gallon setup...I should be getting 20+ frags from him soon. I can post pics of the ones I have from the first order if you want :)

CLICK TO VIEW

fishes2889

Aquaculturist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was ordered........

470762191643056pics.gif

:D Steve

AquaCave Logo Banner

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UniqueCorals.com shop rare & farmed corls
Back