Green hair like algae getting out of Hand!!!!!!

Deltec

puccie1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will kill the green hair like algae in my marine aquariu, hydrogen peroxide ? Can use all the advice on this, Thanks

IMG_1043.jpeg IMG_1042.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Edgecrusher28

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep H202 will help tremendously. Water change the tank to drop the water level and spray some peroxide on the rock and let it sit for a minuet or two. As the algae dies, remain proactive at getting rid of excess P04 out of the tank or it will just re-grow days later. Without a PPB phosphors checker your P04 will likely always show zero with this type of outbreak.

World Wide Corals

clownfish81

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What will kill the green hair like algae in my marine aquariu, hydrogen peroxide ? Can use all the advice on this, Thanks

View attachment 3172671 View attachment 3172672
"You can get it at a drugstore in a spray bottle and just spray it right on the algae, let it sit for a few minutes before filling the tank back up.
Many corals tolerate the peroxide, even directly on the tissue. Some reefers use peroxide as a coral dip to remove algae from frags. At the same time, do your best to avoid spraying your coral."

Hydrogen peroxide will work
Check your nutrients: Potentially excess nutrients causing that algae
Get another form of nutrient export or beef up the current filtration

Also get a good CUC
"BRS Recommended Clean-Up-Crew For Small AquariumsAdding a good variety is the key to an effective CUC.
Here is a great place to start for aquariums up to +/- 20 gallons. If your tank is larger, you have room for more and an even greater variety, simply add more as your tank matures.
5 herbivorous snails, 5 carnivorous snails, 10 small hermit crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp"

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

View attachment 3172671 View attachment 3172672
In addition to treatment, find the cause. Is this tank by chance at or near a window?
Additionally are you using RODI water or tap water from the faucet?
Also, what is your phosphate level?

Seeing no coral on this rock, I would place it in a container of tank water and pull off as much as you can by hand and scrub the rest with a firm toothbrush and some 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Return to tank, reduce white light intensity and number of hours of white lighting and add some snails such as :
Astrea
cerith
turbo grazer
trochus

A Pencil urchin

8-10 Caribbean blue leg hermits

OP
OP
P

puccie1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to treatment, find the cause. Is this tank by chance at or near a window?
Additionally are you using RODI water or tap water from the faucet?
Also, what is your phosphate level?

Seeing no coral on this rock, I would place it in a container of tank water and pull off as much as you can by hand and scrub the rest with a firm toothbrush and some 3% hydrogen peroxide.
Return to tank, reduce white light intensity and number of hours of white lighting and add some snails such as :
Astrea
cerith
turbo grazer
trochus

A Pencil urchin

8-10 Caribbean blue leg hermits

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
P

puccie1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But will the fish kill the urchin I have trigger and puffer in tank along with angels, Question I just add Hydrogen peroxide to tank if so what would be the recommended dosage for 150 gallon tank, is it 20ML per gallon. Thanks once again

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
But will the fish kill the urchin I have trigger and puffer in tank along with angels, Question I just add Hydrogen peroxide to tank if so what would be the recommended dosage for 150 gallon tank, is it 20ML per gallon. Thanks once again
150g tank- 12-15ml
Trigger and urchin may be an issue

Wasabiroot

FW Convert and now Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely remove what you can after using any treatment (I figure you probably were anyways but wanted to chime in just in case!) Some of the nitrogen and phosphorus locked up in the growth can decompose and go back into the tank

OP
OP
P

puccie1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely remove what you can after using any treatment (I figure you probably were anyways but wanted to chime in just in case!) Some of the nitrogen and phosphorus locked up in the growth can decompose and go back into the tank
Thanks

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Inkbird
Back