Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ugly, hairy gorilla crab in my tank. I guess he came in on liverock at some point in time. However he got in my tank, he has gotta go!! He never comes out in the open. I see him lurking in the liverock. I put a yellow spotted watchman goby in the tank on Saturday and by Monday he was dead. I put a large tiger pistol in at the same time and have not seen or heard from him since I put him and see no evidence of him pushing around sand like they usually do. He obviously is killing my snails and hermits as I find more and more empty shells. I also suspect he killed my carribean pistol shrimp I had for over 5 years.I made a trap using a plastic coke bottle and bating it with shrimp, but only got hermits. I put a bunch of rubble in the bottom of a glass and put a shrimp under it and leaned it up against his hidey hole and once again, I only get hermits in there eating the shrimp. I had one in a previous tank and was able to sneak up on that one and catch him in a net and put him in my sump. However, I have never caught this one out in the open.Short of pulling all my live rock out, which I really do not want to do, do any of you have suggestions about how to catch this monster?

CLICK TO VIEW

KJ

Lone Wolf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway that you can remove the rock where the gorilla crab Is hiding and put It In a fresh water container?

KJ

Lone Wolf
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one time Teedy Bear crab I have to pull most of my LR out to get him.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SR
Back