Going with the flow! What do you have your Gyre pumps set to?

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 350 gyers clouds I had all 3 on the back wall and did not like sand was going everywhere. So I moved one to each end mounted high and I am running the SPS program on senergy app. And I then run the one on the back wall at random at 30%. I was still getting sand dunes so I had to turn down the power on the ones mounted on the sides. I also have to Neptune Wavs mounted on the back walls in the corners pointing out about a 40deg angle and running various patterns but only at about 23%. For now I am liking it but tank is new no corals or fish yet. Tank is 8x2x2,I am sure this will change over time. On smaller tank SPS I run 2 330s on the back wall with 1 mp40 on each end.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is also 6' and I have the thing set on full blast. It is fine and the fish love it but sometimes I have to mop the wall next to the tank on the opposite side of the pump. :anguished-face:

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 100 EXT that is an SPS dominated system. . I use three gyre pumps. One on the left side towards towards the back that runs at 70% constant. One on the right side towards the front that runs at 80% random. The third pump is on the left side in back and is set in a vertical position, constant flow at 40% to shoot water across the back wall. Tons of flow...

Serg1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along I’m running a pair of 330 gyre on pulse and alternate up to 40% in a 3’ tank. I have no fish yet as they are in QT.

IMG_2563.jpeg
Hi Luis , what do you think about the 330's in a 3ft. tank? Is it enough flow with 2 330s? Any tips would be helpful as i am about to buy the gyre clouds thank you.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Luis , what do you think about the 330's in a 3ft. tank? Is it enough flow with 2 330s? Any tips would be helpful as i am about to buy the gyre clouds thank you.
I believe it’s enough based on gph. A lot of places suggest anywhere from 10% to 50%. My 3’ display is about 50 gallons and the 330 gyre push from 2000 to 3000 gph. Currently I only have a few frags as the tank continues to matures and feel this is sufficient. I run them on pulse @40% and alternating.

SumpinFishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a IM 100 EXT that is an SPS dominated system. . I use three gyre pumps. One on the left side towards towards the back that runs at 70% constant. One on the right side towards the front that runs at 80% random. The third pump is on the left side in back and is set in a vertical position, constant flow at 40% to shoot water across the back wall. Tons of flow...
Any chance you can send a picture of how you set it up. Im100 EXT I'm running 2. I have gone vertical horizontal even at 20% max they are moving sand. Love to see how you have them.

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting the waste to exit the tank while providing great flow for SPS was my priority. I run three Maxspect Gyre Pumps. Left side towards the back, right side towards the front, and the third mounted vertically in the left back corner. They are run by the Hydros Wave Engine with its SPS pattern (random). Once a day for 20 minutes a nutrient export program kicks in that causes an upwelling to remove waste. I have no dead spots in the tank.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back