Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long weekend I don’t have anyone watch the tank. Doesn’t need anything done for it. A week we have someone stay at the house anyway for our other animals and they feed the tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AS
OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m away from home 3-4 days each week usually. I have an automatic feeder, ATO, WiFi monitoring and my webcam to monitor my tank from afar.

As im a shift worker i am away for 14hrs of the day and could be 2 or 3 days in a row. Fortunately I do more nights than days.

What size ATO do you have?

BirdGuy21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from a six day trip. Had a pet sitter come over for the dogs and parrots, and to feed the tank. Made sure my ATO was full, skimmer cup emptied, and had food proportioned out per day with detailed instructions. The instructions included how to turn off the pumps to feed with everything labeled and with pictures, and emergency tank contacts. I left out a note for my emergency contact with premade saltwater, RODI water, and all my backup supplies labeled just in case. Also got another Wyze camera to monitor the tank.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks with no intervention. I use a 40 ish gallon cooler for an auxiliary ATO tank with my homemade tried and true ato floatswitch setup. My reef is very established so feeding isn’t necessary.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back