Glass scraper for curved glass and gravel line

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two problems:
- My magnet glass scraper doesn't work on the curved edges of the Biocube (Currently using a melamine sponge for this)
- There is a buildup of hard algae that neither the magnet nor the cheap long-handled scraper tools that I bought on amazon do anything about (they don't lay flat against the glass, which must be slightly curved even one the sides?). This harder buildup is also starting to appear on the curves as well.

How am I supposed to get rid of that sand-line buildup? Also, there are a lot of options online for magnets that do curved glass, but I have no idea which one I should get. Can I get some guidance from those of you who can recommend the right products?

IMG_9848.JPG

Dread Pirate Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two problems:
- My magnet glass scraper doesn't work on the curved edges of the Biocube (Currently using a melamine sponge for this)
- There is a buildup of hard algae that neither the magnet nor the cheap long-handled scraper tools that I bought on amazon do anything about (they don't lay flat against the glass, which must be slightly curved even one the sides?). This harder buildup is also starting to appear on the curves as well.

How am I supposed to get rid of that sand-line buildup? Also, there are a lot of options online for magnets that do curved glass, but I have no idea which one I should get. Can I get some guidance from those of you who can recommend the right products?

IMG_9848.JPG
I use https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/small-aquablade-aquarium-scraper-continuum.html on my biocube. You cant use it vertically on the curved glass. You'll need to approach the algae horizontally while getting into the substrate some.

I'll never get a curved aquarium again. lol :)

phillyb614

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recommend the Tunze magnet scraper. It only touches the glass where the 2 blades make contact. Plus the magnets are super strong. It will take care of coraline algae and other tough algae, but you will need to go over it several times.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for the aquablade, I use both the plastic and metal blades. Plastic for quick cleaning, metal for when i need to get some hard stuff. When I used them on my biocube some long elbow gloves work nicely. Go slow, it's going to take forever for the stuff that's really caked on there, you'll probably end up with some scratches one way or another.

OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take an old credit card and hit the hard to reach spots by hand. Won't work on coralline but will on green glass algae.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Philips Avent Baby Bottle Brush is a must have for me. “It doesn’t look like a standard bottle brush.” Also OXO Good Grips Deep Clean Brush Set. You’ll have to push the gravel back out of the way, as someone else mentioned, a Turkey Baster for this.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Philips Avent Baby Bottle Brush is a must have for me. “It doesn’t look like a standard bottle brush.” Also OXO Good Grips Deep Clean Brush Set. You’ll have to push the gravel back out of the way, as someone else mentioned, a Turkey Baster for this.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Two problems:

IMG_9848.JPG
When I had biocube, I used magic eraser and/or algae scrubbing pad.

OP
OP
ZzyzxRiver

ZzyzxRiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back