GHL Auto Fish Feeder - it's here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AutoFishFeeder.png

It took a bit longer, but ...​

... it is here now! We are pleased to announce the release of a long-awaited product: The GHL Auto Fish Feeder.

Shipments start June 24, 2024, orders are accepted from today on!

One of the most frequent requests from our customers was an automatic feeder that works with our ProfiLux aquarium computer - and now it's here!

Highlights

• For ProfiLux 4 and Mini/Light WiFi
  • Extremely quiet and reliable
  • Operation via app, cloud and web interface
  • Flexible programming
  • Food level warning
  • Feeding can be coordinated with other activities and tasks in Your aquarium, e.g. shut down pumps during feeding.

More features

• Several automatic feeders can be controlled independently by one ProfiLux 4
  • incl. large additional container
  • Food remains protected from moisture
  • Feed quantity can be regulated using 3 different inserts and adjustable feed cycles
  • Manual feeding possible
  • Flexible installation: horizontal or vertical clamp mounting on glass or frame or top mounting
Learn more at the product page.

Pre-order here (GHL Germany web store)

Link to GHL USA web store will follow during this day.

SoNap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Matthias Gross,

what glass thickness is this exactly suitable for?
The product page says only "Vertical and horizontal mounting with a wide clamping range" but would be good to also have some numbers :)

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this work with pellets and flakes and how precise are the portions? Noticed it has three available trays but couldn't find capacity per tray.

How effective is it at keeping moisture out? For example, could it be used to dose a powdered supplement that would otherwise be affected by small levels of humidity?

SoNap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this is also what I wanted to ask right now :)
Would be great to know if this works with pellets and flakes and how precise the portions are?

@Matthias Gross , would be great if you shed some more light on this :)

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this work with pellets and flakes and how precise are the portions? Noticed it has three available trays but couldn't find capacity per tray.

How effective is it at keeping moisture out? For example, could it be used to dose a powdered supplement that would otherwise be affected by small levels of humidity?

To give you an idea about the size of the trays I took this photo below. You can also control the amount by adjusting the number of open-close-cycles per feeding.

It is designed for pellets (granulate), it worked also when we mixed pellets and flakes. I am not sure if it works with flakes only, this depends on the flakes I guess. How precise? I think the tray volume determines the amount per feeding.

Powder. I doubt that this will work.

Moisture. The pellets are quite protected against moisture, when the drawer slides back there is not much chance for moisture to penetrate.

IMG_6894.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This auto feeder looks very similar to the following feeder made by KIVNIEHI. Could you let me know how it’s different other then integrating with the GHL controller?

Amazon product

Thanks!

What do you want to know exactly? And is this relevant for your purchase decision?

I am sure most readers here are very well aware that no vendor in this very small industry with very limited quantities who makes controllers and offers accessories for those is able to pay $100.000 and more for tooling costs. You would have to sell these accessories a few hundred years to get your ROI. Look at the feeders from the competition. So what you do is chose a product which fits best, has a decent quality and convert it. Throw everything inside it out and replace it with own electronics and other relevant parts. The software/apps of the original products usually don't work anyway. Basically keep only the shell and parts of the mechanism. Add other parts, like we did, e.g. the extra container. This is how it works.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To give you an idea about the size of the trays I took this photo below. You can also control the amount by adjusting the number of open-close-cycles for per feeding.

It is designed for pellets (granulate), it worked also when we mixed pellets and flakes. I am not sure if it works with flakes only, this depends on the flakes I guess. How precise? I think the tray volume determines the amount per feeding.

Powder. I doubt that this will work.

Moisture. The pellets are quite protected against moisture, when the drawer slides back there is not much chance for moisture to penetrate.

IMG_6894.jpg
thx

MNSPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matthias,

You seem to have taken offense to my post. It was a simple question. I appreciate you providing the differences. I guess I was mistakenly under the wrong impression of what this unit would be. I’m a current GHL user and like your products. Please understand I meant no offense.

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Matthias Gross

Can you give some information regarding the way it is connected to the Profilux and how power supplie is provided?
I see 2 ports on the feeder but it's not quite clear to me.

Kind regards,
Matthijs

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Matthias Gross

Can you give some information regarding the way it is connected to the Profilux and how power supplie is provided?
I see 2 ports on the feeder but it's not quite clear to me.

Kind regards,
Matthijs
Hello,

DCF port and powered from ProfiLux.

2 ports on feeder for daisy chain of severals feeders.

Gaël

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

DCF port and powered from ProfiLux.

2 ports on feeder for daisy chain of severals feeders.

Gaël
Hello Gaël,

Thanks for the info, didn't saw the availability of this port on the P4

Grtz,
Matthijs

OP
OP
Matthias Gross

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Matthias,

You seem to have taken offense to my post. It was a simple question. I appreciate you providing the differences. I guess I was mistakenly under the wrong impression of what this unit would be. I’m a current GHL user and like your products. Please understand I meant no offense.

Hi, no worries.

Today I read the posts in the other auto feeder thread, I wasn't aware of that discussion before.

But there has been all said which needs to be said, BeanAnimal's replies there are 100% on target.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back