Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two small stippies who were recommended to fix my small aptasia problem. Nothing happened for about two weeks and then, overnight no aptasia at all. Thoroughly recommend them. Hardy, personable and easy to keep. Unfortunately not so the CBB's, beautiful fish VERY hard to keep in my experience.
What's a stippie?

Top Shelf Aquatics

dtaylor

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already been doing it this way with pico reefers at nano reef.com for about 20 years, it's why you don't see pico reefs with aiptasia issues unless they're newbs. pico reefers have full access to their system, that's key. large tankers invent 12 reasons they can't/won't access.

-my tank is too big to reach
-my rock stack is glued
-they'll reproduce anyway
and then 9 more varied reasons to let an anemone exercise it's will on a human vs other way around :)

I think we should test my claim live time right here for sure. PR, is there any reason you won't lift out that aiptasia rock, set on the counter, and let me work that bad boy remotely so I can add you to the build thread. when we get enough entrants, proofs for large tankers, a writeup ensues. I only do writeups after copious work threads make the proofs. I'm having the hardest time getting anymore than that the single correction job from a big tank we already have on file. his aiptasia was on the side of a frag plug

we didn't inject it, we used a knife and whittled it right off the plug taking some cement with the footing. then it was permanently gone and did not become 500. he was the only taker I've found, the rest are hesitant and fearful anemone farmers.

*I dont blame anyone's skepticism though, these things are tank wreckers for sure in the ways the masses advise each other to handle them or inject them.
Alright, I have a single visual aptasia in a 60 gal(80 total) it’s on a rock I can easily remove. What’s next? Just hammer the edge off? ‍♀️

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the love of Pete I’ve been waiting for a taker thank you :)

get a clean flathead screwdriver and use the hammer to lightly tap up under it, create a small divot like a golf chip / you don’t have to go super deep just dig out some of the rock surface that the anemone anchors to

it’ll clean cut remove it / let’s watch a week or two to see if grows back and if one does give that one a whack, I bet in two passes max it’s gone

if it’s in a little crevice, chip it firmer / force it out like surgical polyp removal from an intestine

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico reefers already use this way/ many of them / we don’t glue or inject aiptasia. It’s why you don’t see pico reefs with this issue like we do big tankers. Pico reefers by and large directly handle their substrates for total compliance. Not all, some entertain invasions but not the old school pico reefers we allow zero noncompliance in the small systems.

19Mateo83

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back in the day we didn’t mess around with aptasia, we showed it whos boss
D74DE685-DCBC-4674-BE39-1689C16C5FD9.gif

You smell that? That smell…. Nothing else in the world smells like that…smells like victory

World Wide Corals

The Ginga Ninja

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello so I have one aptasia in my tank and I'm wanting to know the solutions to get rid of it, my tank has a porcupine puffer and a snowflake eel so I don't know about invertebrates so what would be the solution?
Do yourself a favor and get yourself a few Bhergias. They really keep your problem at bay, especially before it gets bad:

brandon429

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fallow them first, that's a biosecurity risk

anything wet from a pet store we add reactively and instantly kills fish (after a few month's expression delay) in enough posts to warrant that article. it's not something we can overlook any longer/per outcomes in the fish disease forum. that being said, among all animals that could be added those seem to have the highest % targeting ability towards aips. they're solid little creatures that's for sure.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these old threads popping up cuz somebody posted a video on YouTube.
Do not buy berghia for one aiptasia. That would be just taking your money and throwing out the window.
Lemon juice actually works awesome if you're very patient with it. You have to get it to close up and squirt it with lemon juice and then before anything floats away suck it back up into a turkey baster and throw it away. Need to do that several times for one aptasia, this is why you have to be patient. Kalk paste, f-aptasia, ect, mostly spread them if done in tank.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back