Getting back into aquariums after 10 years. Please advise.

KLandry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef I love the forum so I joined, this is a quick intro and a view of my tank. Tanks for any input.

This is my 75g setup for now. What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right?

IMG_6448.jpeg IMG_6447.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vadryn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I'm at a very similar stage with a 40 Breeder as you are. I recommend doing a quick search of Rabbitgoo window film for the back of your tank. A really inexpensive way to make your tank look more polished. I know there are other brands. That's what I used and it was easy and looks good.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
OP
OP
KLandry

KLandry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So things have changed a lot. It’s been 10 years since cichlids almost 20 for reef. I got burnt when a sea apple got poked by a pin cushion urchin. The whole tank died before I got home from school. So after pouring ever cent in the tank for years I had a sour taste in my mouth in regards to saltwater. I kept my 75 African tank for another ten years. Now I have that 75 set up as a mixed reef. Boy what a learning curve! Just went to my first convention and got a bunch of corals, namely my gold hammer 2 montis I think and an acro. I need all the help I can get. I still have my 55, 30 bow, and 10 to set up. My wife and kids ave fallen in love, so they want them all set up. I’m game but this is going to be expensive! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

75gal
Cal-415
Ph- 8.1
Temp- 79.5f
Salt- 32.8ppt
Phos- 0.1
Ammonia-0
Nitrate- almost 0

Need a mag test.

OP
OP
KLandry

KLandry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AaaR2R2.gif

Greetings and Welcome to our collective obsession!!!!

Only things I've gotta ask is how many lbs of rock did you use and what are your goals for your tank?
I’m @ about 75 pounds so far but I’m going to add another 20-40lbs maybe more.

I wrote more down below. In short my family wants a tank in every room. Some salt some fresh planted, 2-3 in some rooms already planned. I want an LPS and SPS for my Red Sea 34 for my room. Mixed in the 75.

PharmrJohn

The Dude Abides
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m @ about 75 pounds so far but I’m going to add another 20-40lbs maybe more.

I wrote more down below. In short my family wants a tank in every room. Some salt some fresh planted, 2-3 in some rooms already planned. I want an LPS and SPS for my Red Sea 34 for my room. Mixed in the 75.

LOL, it looked less to me! 75lbs is good enough, unless you want to create more hiding places for fish or arches for coral colonies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back