Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G'day all from the bottom of South Australia. I am re-entering the marine world after a 15 year absence. My last effort was on the Sunshine Coast of Qld with a 1,200x 460x460. Just the tank with heaps of live rock and no sump. I have just acquired a 1,200x 800x800 in 11mm glass with a 15mm bottom with a sump, second hand. I will be setting this up as a cold water Southern Ocean tank concentrating on our uniquely diverse seaweeds. I will be asking plenty of advice as I progress with this tank having been out of the system for so long and the advances in technology that have happened in my absence eg; lighting(although I will probably go with T5) water movement and also the sump which I am totally unfamiliar with. Cheers.View attachment 3032579

Welcome! Glad you joined. I love macroalgaes, so your seaweed take should be cool! Looks like you are already starting out with one of those rare fluffy catfish (hugs)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Mount Gambier:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
Sharktak

Sharktak

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined. I love macroalgaes, so your seaweed take should be cool! Looks like you are already starting out with one of those rare fluffy catfish (hugs)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Mount Gambier:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Inkbird
Back